GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DerHase

Replacement hardware for coilover install?

https://www.datadrivenmqb.com/resources Check out the hardware spreadsheet there. Info on how to use it here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/suspension-hardware-check-audit-list.440829/
  2. DerHase

Brakes/rotors?

Yeah you’re not going to find a super aggressive bite pad that is “meant” for street use. EBC blues might be close-ish? Maybe @tigeo can comment. I think he said they have some noticeable bite. I think the DS2500s are hard to beat for a fade-resistant street pad with OEM quality. They’re rated...
  3. DerHase

Brakes/rotors?

They have decent initial bite for a street pad once worn in. I bought my car with 30k on it and while I THINK my old pads were OEM based on wear, that was over 2 years and 30k ago now. I’m generally pretty picky about street pad feel and prefer moderate initial bite with a quick-ish ramp up to...
  4. DerHase

best option for more camber

I was at 7.3/7.7 bone stock for reference. 2019 GTI.
  5. DerHase

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

I'm definitely not saying for sure it'll be "fine"... but based on my autocross runs last year logging KR (when I was on my failing OEM PCV)... it took a solid 3 runs to "fill up" the PCV with oil before it started registering knock between me and my codriver. Then it was pretty consistent...
  6. DerHase

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Got it, yeah there's an OEM baffle when you drop the stock oil pan. And yeah, if you've only put a few miles on the OEM TIP, give it a few dozen miles of romping on the car some to clear it out and try again - due to the way the PCVs are internally baffled, even though there are a few...
  7. DerHase

I think it’s sucking oil into the valve when you go on throttle (diaphragm basically wide open for at least some time), then off throttle it gets slurped into the intake valve ports directly, then when you get back on throttle it ingests it all at a fast rate causing the smoking in this case...
  8. DerHase

Thinner or offset tie rods?

If it’s only at very full lock, you could have some steering rack limiters machined pretty easily. I’ve used these on other applications when adding brake ducting or modifying the knuckles for faster steering: https://www.amazon.com/1979-2004-Mustang-Steering-Limiter-Spacers/dp/B01N1P0T20 No...
  9. DerHase

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

The 034 bar I believe is one of the softest front sway bars sold for this chassis. It's the same diameter as the GTI stock bar (24mm)... and after having their ball joints I'm somewhat suspect of any measurements they publish (their RCO ball joints advertise 10mm of RC correction... they're...
  10. DerHase

APR Coilovers - anybody running them?

If those APR springs are as big as their regular coil springs... they're completely unusable with camber plates FYI. If you want better performance, you need some camber up front so they're a big no-go for that IMO. They're a larger diameter than stock.
  11. DerHase

How many street miles before running an autocross?

Many 200TW tires kinda suck for their first event. They need a GOOD heat cycle and rest to really start working well. Aggressive (but not sliding) figure 8s in a parking lot until the tires are HOT helps if you have time to do so, otherwise just don’t overdrive the first few autocross runs and...
  12. DerHase

Brakes/rotors?

Zimmerman blanks + Ferodo DS2500 from FCP Euro are a proven good combo for general purpose/autocross/even light(novice) track duty. The pads aren’t insanely dusty IMO, but they’re not great about it. You can search for what other people run/prefer if that’s an issue though.
  13. DerHase

DerHase's 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition: HPDE shenanigans

Trip report from this past weekend novice school (in the dry) + autocross in the rain: www.datadrivenmqb.com/tripreports/2024tsccax2
  14. DerHase

RMS leak. OEM or try iAbed again.

OEM only. Lots of things on these cars marketed as “upgrades” are not.
  15. DerHase

What order would you do this in?

Yes, re-greasing it will likely be a regular thing. Granted - he does a bunch of track driving so that may have something to do with it. When you install it the first time, just know that you really can't use too much grease. It goes between the bar and the bushing only, not between the bushing...
  16. DerHase

What order would you do this in?

1. Unbolt axles (large bolt at hub), 3 lower ball joint nuts, end links, remove wheel speed sensor (still connected to wiring), unbolt calipers and brackets and set out of the way (on top of a box, etc so brake line isn’t stressed), remove rotors just to get rid of extra weight, remove outer tie...
  17. DerHase

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Not stock, but someone apparently made a bracket to fit.
  18. DerHase

First autocross of the year trip report is up: https://www.datadrivenmqb.com/tripreports/2024tsccax1
  19. DerHase

Oh hey. Not sure how I missed this 3 months ago... hah. I think they're a great dry tire. Last a long time, tolerate "not enough" camber, and don't get insanely greasy. The very first event they will SUCK. So if you're only doing track days I'd go and do an autocross just to scrub the tires in...