GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. VAG Parts Bin

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I've had the windshield on my R done 3x now. State Farm glass replacement has a $100 deductible and I was able to get OEM glass. The local glass installer I use coordinated with the VW dealer for them to order the glass and schedule me in. He then did the install in their shop and they then...
  2. VAG Parts Bin

I got an AA Wireless kit as a Christmas gift and can't believe I went this long w/o one! I love not having to deal with cables anymore...
  3. VAG Parts Bin

LOVE mine. I did cut the old connectors off of the BSM wiring as I am never going back to those tiny mirror icons, then soldered the new wiring into the BSM harness and sealed the splices up with heat shrink tubing.
  4. VAG Parts Bin

No pics, but I replaced my 8900 mile Michelin PS4S's that were just under 4/32s with Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02's. I wasn't going to rush into replacing them as the winter wheels will be going on in a few weeks but lucky for me, Discount Tire was cool about it and warrantied the...
  5. VAG Parts Bin

Android Auto split screen question

I've searched and came up empty. Several solutions posted online no longer work - I'm guessing due to Google updates that removed them. Since the split screen update, I get an annoying "route suggestion" tile on the top right of my AA display. Yes, you can swipe left or right to remove them...
  6. VAG Parts Bin

Windshield replacement

I've had the windshield replaced 3 times so far in my 17 R. I was recommended by my local indy VW shop a indy glass shop to use for the glass and install. The glass shop works with the VW dealer for ordering the glass and scheduling. I then take the car to VW, the glass guy comes and does his...
  7. VAG Parts Bin

Folding mirror retrofit question

Got mine from e-Acca as well.
  8. VAG Parts Bin

Arteon Style Blind Spot Mirror Cap Installation

Search through this thread - I'm pretty sure I remember someone saying they swapped the wiring and glass over to the new folding mirrors on their R. https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/nikhsub1-oem-euro-folding-mirrors-review.7137599/
  9. VAG Parts Bin

I have this on my '17 R and it fit fine. Install was a little bit of a PITA from what I remember as I wasn't familiar with taking some of the trim off at that point and was being overly cautious as to not break clips and the like. I got it on Aliexpress in 2020 though so not sure if the same...
  10. VAG Parts Bin

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I happened to watch it the other day after not seeing it for many years. Great movie. It's currently available to watch on PlutoTV.
  11. VAG Parts Bin

My R had the same issue back in December when we had the subzero weather - the passenger side door was frozen shut then wouldn't latch closed once I was finally able to get it open. You would close the door and it would just pop open again since it wasn't latching. I was able to get it to...
  12. VAG Parts Bin

LOL. I still have my '85 Pro Performer. Mine has been through the ringer though... :)
  13. VAG Parts Bin

APR PEX intake

I'll take it. PM sent
  14. VAG Parts Bin

19" Replical R-195 Wheels

Yes, they fit the stock R calipers. They also fit the TT-S brakes but needed spacers.
  15. VAG Parts Bin

19" Replical R-195 Wheels

I ran a set of the R195's in 17" for a few winters here in Western PA with no issues. https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/mk7-golf-r-winter-wheels.7243104/page-94#post-108642073 I can't speak for the 19's. I got mine from Canada Wheels...
  16. VAG Parts Bin

Auto Insurance Rate Increases

State Farm update just came in the mail the other day. Went from $104.11 per month to $111.74 per month. 2017 Golf R - $62.94/mo ($377.64/6mo) 2017 CRV Touring - $48.80/mo ($292.80/6mo)
  17. VAG Parts Bin

My wife hates my car (due to the noise - and it's STOCK, LOL) and will only reluctantly get into it if she absolutely has to.
  18. VAG Parts Bin

Golf R Steering Wheel Haptic Controls

IF they continue to go back to buttons and dials, I may have an MK8 R in my future otherwise, I'll run my Mk7 R into the ground. I absolutely hate those haptic controls.
  19. VAG Parts Bin

That's what I used as well.