GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Has anyone gone from a BFI trans insert to the full replacement mount? Is it a drastic difference or does just the insert in the factory mount get you 95% of the benefit for a fraction of the price? I will be pairing it with the BFI engine mount and a dog bone insert.
  2. J

Rear Diffuser

Running the AutoImprint 3D printed fins on the OEM GTI valance. Happy with the look and fitment, and the cost is much less than buying a whole new valance https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1156583430/2015-2017-mk7-golf-gti-oem-rear-diffuser
  3. J

Golf MK7 TSI Exhaust Conversion into GTI

I did this to my Golf a few weeks back; https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7955492 The Golf already has a passenger side hanger, just like the GTI. Factory Golf exhaust is 60mm, factory GTI exhaust is 65mm. With the right size clamp, the...
  4. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Gave the Golf a butt lift with a CSS Muffler, GTI rear valance and 3D printed diffuser fins. CSS and catted 3" downpipe sounded horrible and was way too loud. CSS and stock downpipe is perfect 🤌
  5. J

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

@daujin_mk7 I don't post on the forums much but am lurking often. I'm in the Halifax area if you run into problems. Didn't you just put suspension on the car? Possibly strut mount/camber plates making noise?
  6. J

Golf R deciding on what 17" wheels to get

Fast FC04 17x8, et 45, 57.1 hub bore and ball seat bolts. Flowformed and ~16 lbs
  7. J

Golf 7 spoiler

These is an OEM spoiler for the Golf - 5G0071644GRU It's subtle, but looks much better than without.
  8. J

DP: MAP vs. Cobb (or others?)

I'm very happy with my catted (non-GESI) Map downpipe. I don't notice any difference in smell over the factory one and no CEL with a o2 spacer. I had ran a used CTS catted downpipe for a short period of time. There was a very noticeable smell from it, and it had a tinny sound to it. Sold that...
  9. J

3D printing a part for my baby MK7.5

Added these to my list the other day for when I swap to a GTI catback. Check them out here...
  10. J

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Not that I know of, but I'll check this evening. If I remember right, the same thing happened last time I tried to update to a newer firmware, so I reverted back to the old firmware I was running. I was running 60/6//5 previous to this latest update with zero issues, so I may just revert back...
  11. J

MAPerformance downpipe + CEL = ..?

I have this one; https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1533_1069&products_id=4786&osCsid=136898c4dc042c2ec72c42f80dd16b1b
  12. J

MAPerformance downpipe + CEL = ..?

I have the Vibrant J-style one on my Map downpipe, pointed up towards the engine/head. I started with the middle insert and still got a CEL. I believe I changed to the bigger insert and I've never had a problem since.
  13. J

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

I tried updating to the latest firmware (JB4_EA888_8_8.hex) and now my cruise control doesn't work after a few minutes. I don't see the future use D option anymore, so I can't make sure that's set to 0. Anyone else have this issue?
  14. J

Lamin-x yellow fog film

I'd recommend going with a yellow bulb, rather than the lamin-x. I've had the yellow lamin-x on my fogs since new, and the fogs now have stress cracks due to the lamin-x, so it's staying on until I find a decent price on new OE fogs. I'd do a bit a google searching on lamin-x before you pull the...
  15. J

Wanted: 312mm caliper carriers

As the title says. Need caliper carriers from a non-PP GTI. Must be willing to ship to Nova Scotia, Canada thru USPS.
  16. J

WTB: 312mm caliper carriers

As the title says. Need caliper carriers from a non-PP GTI. Must be willing to ship to Nova Scotia.
  17. J

Shortage of Tires Coming?

KMC X10.93 or X10EPT ftw
  18. J

Canada Eh?

👋 Nova Scotia too, Halifax area
  19. J

Ontario Parts Stores

You really just bumped 3 multiple year old threads just to promote those clowns? I tried to order a trans mount insert from ParkAuto. They cancelled my order, claiming that they didn't have stock to fulfill the order. They them raised the price of the part on their website and subsequently...
  20. J

FS: 2018 GTI S standard brake calipers, pads, rotors

I'd be interested in just the caliper brackets if you're willing to separate them and ship to Canada.