GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bdelaney4000

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I was pulled over calling the cops to report the accident and a guy in a pickup thought he'd pull in front of me to help out also. As you can clearly see he misjudged the distance and used his passenger door to remove my bumper and headlight. Luckily I'm ok. Was very frazzled especially when I...
  2. bdelaney4000

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got taken out by someone when I pulled over to report another accident... That's what I get for being a responsible driver! If you look in the background you can see the other accident was much worse though.
  3. bdelaney4000

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

I would be working from home if Amazon would learn how to properly package monitor cables. Alas, soft packaging fails them yet again!
  4. bdelaney4000

Catless DP, Tune and P0420

Yes definitely, I've become the drive cycle champion since being tuned. So much so that I got a copy of the VW GTI repair manual and have followed the drive cycle to the T. I even know that some the readiness sensors will not run if your fuel level isn't between 25-75%. Now I've got it down pat...
  5. bdelaney4000

I can but Unitronic apparently also patches something on stage 1 too since readiness will not reset there either. I have no idea why they do that. So i unfortunately have to flash down to stock to pass emissions, it's like the most annoying 1-2 weeks of the year going from stage 2 to stock. I...
  6. bdelaney4000

I honestly wish my tuner didn't patch the CEL mainly just because of the hassle of reflashing each year for emissions sake. I've asked and they don't offer a stage 2 tune without the CEL patch/readiness disabled. (Unitronic) Kind of wish I knew that before hand.
  7. bdelaney4000

Some tunes will code the CEL out some don't (hit or miss really) but if they do with the so called "test pipe" file it still causes an issue with the readiness sensor. That's fine if you live in a state where 1 emissions sensor can show not ready. If you aren't that lucky, the best solution is...
  8. bdelaney4000

stealth exhaust with downpipe?

The stock muffler is a restriction it's just not bad enough to cause issues with even big turbos. Going from a 3" down to a 2.55 is a reduction and because the stock muffler is not a flow through design it's also restricting flow to some degree, but that's in part where the sound reduction comes...
  9. bdelaney4000

stealth exhaust with downpipe?

If I could chime in here, I have a catted downpipe to a vibrant 17930 and the stock catback and it's pretty darn quiet. On cold starts its noticeable but one it's warmed up you'd never know it's not stock until you get on it. I had the DP hooked up with the complete stock catback and the drone...
  10. bdelaney4000

What All-Inclusive Resort Have You Stayed At? Would You Recommend?

We stayed at the Grande as well. We were down there for a friend of ours' wedding. Coincidentally they got the idea from us since they were in our wedding party when we got married in Sandals Antigua. We found that the staff there was much less courtesy, somewhat rude, and generally unfriendly...
  11. bdelaney4000

What All-Inclusive Resort Have You Stayed At? Would You Recommend?

I got married at Sandals Antigua and it was awesome, I would also recommend Beaches in Turks and Caicos... I know it's a bit pricey. Sandals is adult friendly where Beaches has much more activities for kids. Both were great. I have also been to Sandals in St. Lucia and would not recommend that...
  12. bdelaney4000

Android Auto Update

The adaptive battery function in Android Pie or later operating systems can cause issues with Android Auto as it limits some of the background functions to preserve battery. There are two ways to avoid this, either turn off the adaptive battery function or go into the apps you don't want to be...
  13. bdelaney4000

Weird Afr's After 02 Spacer

Some of this depends on which state you live in. From my understanding some states allow you to pass OBDII readiness check with one readiness monitor showing not ready/not passed. I live in NH and everything must be ready hence why I have to flash to stock every year.
  14. bdelaney4000

Obviously the sensor doesn't throw the codes...I was speaking in layman's terms :unsure:.
  15. bdelaney4000

That I'm not sure on - I know the secondary o2 sensor is capable of throwing codes for multiple items including catalyst efficiency, rich or lean codes, and sensor failure. The primary O2 sensor on the turbo is more expensive than the secondary so I would assume it has more capability. However...
  16. bdelaney4000

Most stage 2 tunes patch the emissions code so you don't get a check engine light. The problem with that is then the sensor doesn't show readiness. Flashing back to stock allows readiness to be reset, but you need either a really good cat or a good spacer setup so you don't throw codes for...
  17. bdelaney4000

FWIW Op, you'll need the O2 sensor plugged in and run drive cycle to show passed on the monitor. If you're throwing codes though you'll need to play around with the spacer a bit. Make sure it's screwed all the way in to the pipe then back it off just enough so it points upstream. That's what...
  18. bdelaney4000

That won't help if he's trying to pass emissions and needs the O2 sensor to pass.
  19. bdelaney4000

What oil do you run?

Just switched from Liquimoly 5w40 to Castrol Edge 0w40 and I'd have to say the car seems to be running smoother. It's most noticable when sitting at a stoplight I can't hear any of the engine ticking that used to be present when idling.
  20. bdelaney4000

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Yeah I was hoping, but certainly not holding my breath.