GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by victorofhavoc

1. V

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

I have the previous gen version of one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-W-x-25-in-D-Heavy-Duty-9-Drawer-Mobile-Workbench-Cabinet-with-Adjustable-Height-Hardwood-Top-in-Matte-Black-HOLC5209BB1M/305410517 I measured today because I was curious. Despite that 24.5" depth, the...
  2. V

I looked at husky, flow wall, and new age when looking at similar systems before. These are the kind of kits that typically don't work for me personally due to the weight capacities of certain parts and the relatively short depth. I tend to keep heavy tools, nails, bolts, paints, and various...
  3. V

In your case I'd say then the toolbox kits are probably not the best bang per buck. I've personally found that with the weight and expense of tools, a cheap storage solution isn't really a thing. The husky stuff is a pretty solid value on sale. They work quite well and unlike some of the...
  4. V

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Vice grips and a wrench. Vice grips to "gently" hold the clip part down and a wrench to pop it off
  5. V

If transport on occasion is a thing for you, the toolbox systems are key. I have a couple of the Dewalt toughsystem kits, some drawer boxes, mechanics toolset, and a variety of other things, and that stuff saves me a ton of time on track days. Just roll it on the trailer and call it good, then...
  6. V

It's also easy to do... Just make sure you have the right socket and a breaker bar (not a small, dinky ratchet).
  7. V

Inconsistent and spongy brake pedel feel.

How are your rear brakes looking in terms of pad glaze and pad wear? Are they like record discs? Can you grab a caliper and measure the dtv on them? When you pull the handbrake the rear ratchets down. As you do a few stops the rear lets go slightly. If you have enough wear or variation in the...
  8. V

I wouldn't think much of how it's dropping the file. There's probably a default format setting somewhere. Or maybe a compression setting for filespace. I just mean a few months ago some Google ads results were pointing to 7zip mirrors that had spyware laced 7zip. It still happens every now and...
  9. V

Yeah gz is gzip and a default zip format on some Linux distros. 7zip usually works, just don't get it from sketchy sources. There have been supply chain attacks on some 7zip mirrors recently 🙄
  10. V

Thinner or offset tie rods?

I appreciate the feedback! As long as moving down doesn't also move things back, it should help a lot. It's really just about 2-3mm off. I'll look into it. I'm curious to see what you get measurement wise as well. Worst case scenario, I bet I could get a custom arm made. It's pretty close, but...
  11. V

Super secret sauce... There's only a few companies that actually go to the lengths required to get dot certified. They typically just white label their stuff to resellers. Notably, the racing line brake lines are made by good ridge. Good ridge makes a lot of them... Stoptech is dot certified...
  12. V

How can I tell if the DCC shocks are worn?

Dcc shocks can "naturally" fail two ways that I'm aware of. Leaking seals or failing electronics. The former is easy to see if you look at the top and bottom of the strut and you see any oil or residue collection. The latter will likely result in errors when scanned, but may be missed. More...
  13. V

If they don't have a DOT certification stay away. Anyone with a DOT certification (and label) is fine. Even with a dot cert I had a line fail on track and result in a tiny/slow leak that caused severe fade at even low speeds. I see it as a freak accident, but it's always a risk with any part.
  14. V

Thinner or offset tie rods?

Does anyone know if there are thinner or offset tie rods for the frontend of the mk7? I've got an issue currently where the combo of superpro arms, css swivels, and a toe 0 alignment leads to the inside lip of my 17x9 vs5rs wheel rubbing pretty badly at full lock. The inside of the wheel is...
  15. V

How do you set that setting on the adapter? I'm aware there's been some progress towards using the headunit GPS, but I wasn't aware any manufacturers have actually done it so far. That would involve allowing data to leave the head unit's interface, and I didn't think any manufacturer had...