GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by J.Etter

1. J

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Has anyone gone from a BFI trans insert to the full replacement mount? Is it a drastic difference or does just the insert in the factory mount get you 95% of the benefit for a fraction of the price? I will be pairing it with the BFI engine mount and a dog bone insert.
  2. J

Rear Diffuser

Running the AutoImprint 3D printed fins on the OEM GTI valance. Happy with the look and fitment, and the cost is much less than buying a whole new valance https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1156583430/2015-2017-mk7-golf-gti-oem-rear-diffuser
  3. J

Golf MK7 TSI Exhaust Conversion into GTI

I did this to my Golf a few weeks back; https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7955492 The Golf already has a passenger side hanger, just like the GTI. Factory Golf exhaust is 60mm, factory GTI exhaust is 65mm. With the right size clamp, the...
  4. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Gave the Golf a butt lift with a CSS Muffler, GTI rear valance and 3D printed diffuser fins. CSS and catted 3" downpipe sounded horrible and was way too loud. CSS and stock downpipe is perfect 🤌
  5. J

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

@daujin_mk7 I don't post on the forums much but am lurking often. I'm in the Halifax area if you run into problems. Didn't you just put suspension on the car? Possibly strut mount/camber plates making noise?
  6. J

Golf R deciding on what 17" wheels to get

Fast FC04 17x8, et 45, 57.1 hub bore and ball seat bolts. Flowformed and ~16 lbs
  7. J

Golf 7 spoiler

These is an OEM spoiler for the Golf - 5G0071644GRU It's subtle, but looks much better than without.
  8. J

DP: MAP vs. Cobb (or others?)

I'm very happy with my catted (non-GESI) Map downpipe. I don't notice any difference in smell over the factory one and no CEL with a o2 spacer. I had ran a used CTS catted downpipe for a short period of time. There was a very noticeable smell from it, and it had a tinny sound to it. Sold that...
  9. J

3D printing a part for my baby MK7.5

Added these to my list the other day for when I swap to a GTI catback. Check them out here...
  10. J

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Not that I know of, but I'll check this evening. If I remember right, the same thing happened last time I tried to update to a newer firmware, so I reverted back to the old firmware I was running. I was running 60/6//5 previous to this latest update with zero issues, so I may just revert back...
  11. J

MAPerformance downpipe + CEL = ..?

I have this one; https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1533_1069&products_id=4786&osCsid=136898c4dc042c2ec72c42f80dd16b1b
  12. J

MAPerformance downpipe + CEL = ..?

I have the Vibrant J-style one on my Map downpipe, pointed up towards the engine/head. I started with the middle insert and still got a CEL. I believe I changed to the bigger insert and I've never had a problem since.
  13. J

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

I tried updating to the latest firmware (JB4_EA888_8_8.hex) and now my cruise control doesn't work after a few minutes. I don't see the future use D option anymore, so I can't make sure that's set to 0. Anyone else have this issue?
  14. J

Lamin-x yellow fog film

I'd recommend going with a yellow bulb, rather than the lamin-x. I've had the yellow lamin-x on my fogs since new, and the fogs now have stress cracks due to the lamin-x, so it's staying on until I find a decent price on new OE fogs. I'd do a bit a google searching on lamin-x before you pull the...
  15. J

Wanted: 312mm caliper carriers

As the title says. Need caliper carriers from a non-PP GTI. Must be willing to ship to Nova Scotia, Canada thru USPS.