GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Does any of the caliper mounting hardware need to be replaced? I thought I remember only the rear carrier bolts were one time use but I could be wrong.
Should be replaced. FCP Euro x 4
N91084901

Reactions: krs

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
VW says every bolt should be replaced. Of all the bolts on the car I wouldn't replace, I wouldn't replace these.

But I swapped out my suspension using a 2 x 4, so take as you will.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Does any of the caliper mounting hardware need to be replaced? I thought I remember only the rear carrier bolts were one time use but I could be wrong.

On the front you normally just replace the caliper to carrier bolts. The macan caliper bolts to the knuckle directly, and the manual says those bolts can be re-used, just "cleaned if reused."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.27.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.27.47 AM.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 50

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I just installed the macan calipers and did some of the vagcom coding but I couldn't do the last part of it.
"03 abs module Brake booster security code 25001. Factory setting 4, most use 2, I like 3."

What is the security code for this because 25001 is not a valid security code for the abs module

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Trying to get the crossover tubes back in and I can't get it to sit flush. Should there be some threads showing?
image.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I just installed the macan calipers and did some of the vagcom coding but I couldn't do the last part of it.
"03 abs module Brake booster security code 25001. Factory setting 4, most use 2, I like 3."

What is the security code for this because 25001 is not a valid security code for the abs module
Leave it alone. I went back to 4. It was causing fronts to overheat on track and properly greasing the seals and proper bleeding makes all the difference.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Leave it alone. I went back to 4. It was causing fronts to overheat on track and properly greasing the seals and proper bleeding makes all the difference.
Is the Castrol RRG the only RRG recommended? Are there any other reputable makes worth considering eg Granville or Silverhook etc.?

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is the Castrol RRG the only RRG recommended? Are there any other reputable makes worth considering eg Granville or Silverhook etc.?
@jay745 has recommended something that's less goopy than RRG, but no one has tested if it's reduced the piston refraction.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
@jay745 has recommended something that's less goopy than RRG, but no one has tested if it's reduced the piston refraction.
RRG isn't for brake pistons, it's for rubber. It dries out and will seize your calipers. Use brake assembly fluid and get a master cylinder that can keep up with the brakes if going bigger.

/Thread

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
RRG isn't for brake pistons, it's for rubber. It dries out and will seize your calipers. Use brake assembly fluid and get a master cylinder that can keep up with the brakes if going bigger.

/Thread
It's 100% formulated for natural and synthetic rubber seals and boots. It's specifically stated by Castrol that it can be used for assembly of brake calipers.

And can you point me to a better master cylinder?
Screenshot_20230306_210723_Kindle.jpg

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
It's 100% formulated for natural and synthetic rubber seals and boots. It's specifically stated by Castrol that it can be used for assembly of brake calipers.

And can you point me to a better master cylinder?View attachment 275033
Sounds like Castrol formulated something different than the normal RRG. Didnt know, your car - use that then 🤷

And no, pairing the right master is a huge guessing game. Most find it easier to go with a stoptech or wilwood kit that is proven to work great with the master and rear bias for vws

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sounds like Castrol formulated something different than the normal RRG. Didnt know, your car - use that then 🤷

And no, pairing the right master is a huge guessing game. Most find it easier to go with a stoptech or wilwood kit that is proven to work great with the master and rear bias for vws
I'm pretty sure we have the biggest MC stock that you can get for this platform, unless the mk8 got a bigger one, which I don't think it did. They did change the ABS module to feel firmer, right up until the fluid boils and you drive off a cliff.