GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Can anyone confirm the part number for the Golf GTD (7, not 7.5) 8" Discover Pro display trim for a RHD? I've been searching for it on eBay all night and I'm struggling to find one...

Runawayrogue

Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Hey everyone! I just wanted to pop in here and give some props. I just finished my MIB2 install today and OH MAN is it a night-and-day difference. The whole system is MUCH faster and snappier. The screen is higher resolution (I didn't even get the 8" yet). The backup cam and park assist overlays are lightyears better than the MIB1 version. (I hated that the car overlay shaded the left side of the screen... doesn't do that anymore). Best of all... Android Auto and a USB port :D

Really the whole install is pretty easy. The only hard part was fishing the cables for the USB port and that wasn't TOO bad... as long as you have slim hands like me :)

Mega props to the OP for the guide!

Also mega props to @simaservis1108 for helping me program the car. He made things super smooth and easy. Plus his pricing was more than fair. I highly recommend contacting him if you want to do this upgrade.

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Can anyone confirm the part number for the Golf GTD (7, not 7.5) 8" Discover Pro display trim for a RHD? I've been searching for it on eBay all night and I'm struggling to find one...
I believe it’s 05G2819728AJQYI I paid £114 from VW
that’s what I fitted when I put the bigger screen in mine. I Fitted 5G6919605B screen.
FYI you can’t get a carbon version.

Rob.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
I believe it’s 05G2819728AJQYI I paid £114 from VW
that’s what I fitted when I put the bigger screen in mine. I Fitted 5G6919605B screen.
FYI you can’t get a carbon version.

Rob.
Looking at the image for that part number, that’s the trim for the 8” Mark 7.5 display, I want the trim for the Mark 7 8” display - the one that looks like this:

FCD7E22A-4E53-4477-867C-A5CB90D007D0.jpeg

That’s the catalogue image for the GT model (with piano black interior) but there is a GTI/GTD version of it to match I need the part number from.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
I don't have an answer for you at this point but to be clear... you're looking for gloss black RHD trim for the 8" matte display?
Almost. I’m looking for the Mark 7 GTD trim for the 8” display.

The one that looks like this:

FF1A5334-5489-41AB-8580-F1EB1941428B.jpeg

That’s the existing one currently in my car.

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx

View attachment 213004

Ahh, sorry my mistake.
Is it this one?
this is out of my 16 Gti, it’s in the garage I can measure the screen tomorrow, although I didn’t think it was an 8” screen hence why I fitted a mk7.5 one

Attachments

• 7EF358B4-2280-4DB9-9FED-C4BEA9EC4E76.jpeg
    7EF358B4-2280-4DB9-9FED-C4BEA9EC4E76.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

Okay, so honeycomb... but for 8" display, and RHD? That's going to be a tough one, haha.

To get started, I think your color code is going to be AEDAR/AFDAR and seems to be called black/alu standard/satin black.

Last edited:

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Ahh, sorry my mistake.
Is it this one?
this is out of my 16 Gti, it’s in the garage I can measure the screen tomorrow, although I didn’t think it was an 8” screen hence why I fitted a mk7.5 one
Yeah, that’s the texture but that’s a 6” display. Mine has the 5.8 - I can’t believe the GT trim had sat nav as standard and the GTI/GTD didn’t!

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Ok,
I may have sussed it for you.
coincidentally was chatting with my brother & he’s looking for a GTi / R. Spotted this & it has carbon trim.
car reg is MM64DZW VW dealer should be able to get you the part number.

Attachments

• 09988420-21B7-408F-8CE7-D80FD7F1C31A.png
    09988420-21B7-408F-8CE7-D80FD7F1C31A.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 158

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nice, if you can get that part number that's the one I think. VW makes it annoying with changing color codes and descriptions for the same parts. Gloss black Golf R vents are cheaper than GTI gloss black vents from the same year, but have a different code and description 🤷🏿‍♂️.

The 5.x and 6.x screen use the same trim by the way, just a bigger bezel on the smaller screen.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Question. I've been looking around and I can't remember or find a straight answer.
I have a 2015 GTI with Fender and I currently have an Eurozone tuning MIB2 unit that I swapped out the MIB1 with.
I've got in my hands an MIB2.5 that I'm going to install.

My brother has a 2015 TDI WITHOUT Fender and he has the MIB1 system, can I swap in my old EZT MIB2 unit or is there gona be problems since he doesn't have Fender?