GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
I had them on my MK6 (AND LOVED THEM, 40k miles with no issues) and used (I believe) a TDI DSG part number. I believe i was following snobrdrdan's thread.

I'm just trying to figure out which part number do I use for my MK7 4dr DSG.

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Bumping this - has anyone figured out the part numbers corresponding to US models?

Also - if my memory serves correct on the mk6, many dsg owners would get the manual versions of the driver gear because it would drop the car a tad more.

I love the look of the vwr drop, but am concerned its a bit much for a year round midwest daily driver.

Modest GTI

Just registered to the forum and just installed the DG Springs (5G4-071-677-E) along with the ECS Flush kit. It's a bit too sunny to post good pics, but here goes.

Quick credit to Deutsche Auto part for the DG Springs. Great price and good service. ECS Tuning for the great product and fast delivery. If you are in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend 4B Auto for all your auto services.

It might be premature to judge the ride since it has not settled, but it feels the same. This mod was done purely for cosmetic purposes.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 3,163

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
Just registered to the forum and just installed the DG Springs (5G4-071-677-E) along with the ECS Flush kit. It's a bit too sunny to post good pics, but here goes.

Quick credit to Deutsche Auto part for the DG Springs. Great price and good service. ECS Tuning for the great product and fast delivery. If you are in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend 4B Auto for all your auto services.

It might be premature to judge the ride since it has not settled, but it feels the same. This mod was done purely for cosmetic purposes.

Nice. It seems this is the part number to get for a 4 door DSG. Let us know how they feel when they settle.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

I just ordered these springs from my local AUDI Dealer, I know that it is a VW part but I had discount from Audi that was about to expire and the parts guy is awesome so he placed the order with the discount, the list price was 279.00 I think and they came out to 231.00 including quart of oil :). I wanted to buy the VWr springs but I prefer a more conservative drop because we are 5 at times and don't want those weird looks from the wife when or if the car rubs with lower springs, next I'll be ordering the flush kit from ECS and whatever stretch bolts that needs replacing.

Your drop looks awesome and that's what I'm looking for, I'm getting too old to go any lower :)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well yesterday I noticed that I ordered the wrong part since the part number aboved is for a 2 Door and I need the part for a 4 Door manual. Hopefully they can cancel or chage the order

Modest GTI

Well it's day 4. Here are some pics and impressions. I put a few hundred miles since install and it's mostly settled, but we'll see how the next few weeks turn out.

First of all, the DCC is definitely not affected. It's fair to see it's practically like stock but just a little lower. Comfort is still comfortable without being mushy and sport is still sporty without being jarring.

I think if you are keeping the stock austins with the 49 et than you should consider some spacers if you are going with DG springs. After all it's for looks anyway.

Oh in terms of reverse rake... Well it's minuscule but noticeable that the wheel gap is about 2 mm lower in the back. It really doesn't bother me. It's kind of like that on my 2004 Mini S. Who knows it might settle more.

Sorry about the exposure on the pics. The weather is just too nice in San Jose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
3rd picture and last picture look pretty proper.... very mild drop but appears to do just enough to clean up the uglyness of stock height. VWR no doubt looks better but VWR seems low a year round car where it snows.

One good detail for me to compare to my stock height would be if you provided fender to ground measurement (middle of fender arch to ground). And middle of front bumper to ground.

Zen1

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks great Modest! Thanks for posting!

Are you manual or DSG? The manuals seem to be more inclined to reverse rake, likely due to lighter weight. If the negative rake bothers you, putting audi tt spring pads in the rear will fix that up for you.

Keep the pics coming when you have a chance for a proper shoot! Not many pics of MK7s with DG springs.

Modest GTI

Appreciate it Zen. Just changed my signature. I'm on the old fashion 6 spd. It doesn't bother me enough to make further changes, but its good to know spring pads are on option. I'll be working on the pics. Just need an empty space, a little less sunlight and a nice background.

Looks great Modest! Thanks for posting!

Are you manual or DSG? The manuals seem to be more inclined to reverse rake, likely due to lighter weight. If the negative rake bothers you, putting audi tt spring pads in the rear will fix that up for you.

Keep the pics coming when you have a chance for a proper shoot! Not many pics of MK7s with DG springs.

Modest GTI

I'll get that out to you as soon as I can. I got 3 12 hour shifts in a row and Im not going to be too inclined to do anything but sleep in between.

3rd picture and last picture look pretty proper.... very mild drop but appears to do just enough to clean up the uglyness of stock height. VWR no doubt looks better but VWR seems low a year round car where it snows.

One good detail for me to compare to my stock height would be if you provided fender to ground measurement (middle of fender arch to ground). And middle of front bumper to ground.

Chip121

Just joined the forum not too long ago and made the DG Springs my first project. Snobrdrdan was very generous with his time and helped me with installation, so that was the best deal around.

Before

After

After an 18" Preston wheel and tire dealer take-off package.

They only dropped about 20mm at first, but it still seems like they are settling in. Seems that it will be a good height for the Michigan winters.