GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Maestro "HoonTune" xD

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Is Cupra lighter than R? Different gearing too?
Same gearing as Golf R but FWD and a decent amount lighter than a GTI, Hood stick almost no sound deadening no trunk floor or spare 2 door has leaning c pillar.

Edit: Just checked registration number for weight on some used Cupras in Sweden and with the same brakes and diff but with DQ250 instead of my DQ381 a 5 door Cupra is 50kg(110lbs) lighter.

Edit 2: After further investigation they all seem to be registered under the same weight so most likely not accurate apples to apples and 50kg seems to much.

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I tried to get an R35 GTR to race me last night but he didn't want to. Not sure why he refused. Would loved to have seen what the outcome would of been, from a roll.
Stock ones we would both beat pretty easily.

One e85 tune, 6 injectors and 2 bolt ons = not so much.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
We're having some issues right now after catback and flow mods installed.

The car just breathes too well now. It's causing some significant overboosting in this nasty DA/cold IN weather. What will happen is I put it on 23psi on the slider and it will hit upwards of 28/29psi near peak tq causing the hpfp to be overwhelmed and fuel cuts up top. No bueno.

Hopefully we fix this soon. In the meantime here is a run on low power settings vs c6 heads, intake, full exhaust vette. I put on 23psi but the logs were seeing 27/28 held. Timing looked good though. e28 handling 13* very nice. Owner didn't seem too ecstatic when I told him car was about 40 to 50whp down lol. Almost full weight too xD

Last edited: