GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
to the china package... i'm guessing... aftermarket head unit?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah I will find out tonight if they are the same, that screen I got from ali comes with a new trim but will reuse the stock one of it’s the same fit since I know piano black is Already a perfect match since it’s oem

Despite it being an 8" screen, I think the RCD520 trim will be different. I believe (at least from looking at the photos), that it uses the 9.2" screen trim. Either way, let me know. Would be happy to take one off your hands (don't care if it's OEM or not) if it'd work with the 8" glass screen.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
to the china package... i'm guessing... aftermarket head unit?
No but it goes below the infotainment panel lol. “Climatronic upgrade”
9C190B43-6A06-4D1E-9423-705E6A77C218.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You're going to die in a fiery ball of flaming death with no volume knob! You and all of those gd Mk8 drivers! Bah! Depart my verdant space, pronto!

That's going to look great, and somehow I always forget that you have those seats, which are just maximum tits.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Two weeks ago I got a Neuspeed CEL-free DP in the mail, purchased off the forums with 5K miles for $500 shipped.

Last week I bought 5 18x8.5 ET45 Neuspeed RSE-10's in Satin Bronze, wrapped in Michelin AS4's with 500 miles on the set for 33% off retail. also scooped from the forums.

Last night I got MT Golf R springs with 1K miles on them for $80. After making that buy, went ahead and picked up B6's off eBay for $600 utilizing the PayPal 24 months 0% interest deal.

Looking forward to install, pics, and a proper build thread

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You're going to die in a fiery ball of flaming death with no volume knob! You and all of those gd Mk8 drivers! Bah! Depart my verdant space, pronto!

That's going to look great, and somehow I always forget that you have those seats, which are just maximum tits.
thanks!

and yeah i never understood the craziness about needing the volume knob... i don't care for the look of covering the power logo and like it just facing up, so that knob is off limits already! ive turned it maybe 6-8 times max in the last 2 years i only used the steering controls already.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yeah I will find out tonight if they are the same, that screen I got from ali comes with a new trim but will reuse the stock one of it’s the same fit since I know piano black is Already a perfect match since it’s oem
They aren't... I went from 8" glass (kind of, I bought it and the trim was broken, never installed it) to MIB 2.5 with the 9.2" screen. It's hard to tell looking at interior shots but when you have them side by side you can see the 9.2" trim is thinner on the sides.

What... never adjust volume by anything other than the steering wheel, ever, haha. Should already have a microfiber cloth handy anyway if you have gloss black trim.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
thanks!

and yeah i never understood the craziness about needing the volume knob... i don't care for the look of covering the power logo and like it just facing up, so that knob is off limits already! ive turned it maybe 6-8 times max in the last 2 years i only used the steering controls already.

Now that you got rid of the stereo knobs, time to get rid of the climatronic knobs...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Now that you got rid of the stereo knobs, time to get rid of the climatronic knobs...
Yeah I thought hard about that one, but In the end when I see the installed pics I’m
Not sold on the look, then again I also don’t want the digital dash so... ya know strokes.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They aren't... I went from 8" glass (kind of, I bought it and the trim was broken, never installed it) to MIB 2.5 with the 9.2" screen. It's hard to tell looking at interior shots but when you have them side by side you can see the 9.2"
I’m not installing the 9.2” it’s a China model cars 8” screen, should have have smaller overall dimensions than the 9.2, and the unit in my car now
Is the composite found in the S and rabbit 2019s.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
And some custom AC vents if there are any.
If @El_bigote_AJ ever decides to part out his car it will be the longest single post in the forum. 😂
Haha! Yeah mixed with part on the car now and the parts I put on and it didn’t work out so they in the garage now😂😂