GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Zimmerman rotors to mate up with yellow stuff pads. It's not time yet, but I'll be ready. Oh yes, I'll be ready. Side note, thought about getting these aftermarket slotted/drilled rotors I saw on amazon for literally the same price, and they look amazing, but in the long run, FCP Euro lifetime warranty + OEM parts beat out wanting to look cool ... Maybe one day ...
Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.07.41 PM.png

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
mine are peeling pretty bad after 2-3 years of regular use here in New Jersey. Does anyone know if OSRAM would even bother listening to me since these are purchased from Europe and not a product sold in the states? My receipt is in euros...

I posted about this months ago: osram headlights delaminating?

I actually emailed osram around that time and got no response. thinking about trying once again because it's just as bad, if not worse now.

edit: https://www.osram.com/am/services/automotive-guarantees/guarantee-process-for-headlights/index.jsp

I found this, if this would apply, I am shit out of luck because I bought them in 2021. Just a heads up, maybe put some sort of film on these? Not sure if it would help or prevent this. I see you're also in the tri state ish area like me, so we are exposed to similar elements weather wise.

Kdubya

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Clutch came in the other day

IMG_6768.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Randomness... headrest side bolsters for the kiddo (and adults I suppose). It's not a "Golf" part so the angle doesn't perfectly match the rears seats but it will do just fine. I expect the kiddo will thank in me for protecting his neck in 10 years, while cursing me for making him take a road trip in my 20 year old Golf :ROFLMAO:.

1715954946574.png1715954970772.png1715955005892.png

There is a different style that I have also ordered that looks stranger but might be better, waiting on that to come in...
1715955263374.png

There is another style, that seems to be discontinued, that would work best with the euro headrests, but well over $300, uggghhh!
1715955399720.png1715955421604.png

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Randomness... headrest side bolsters for the kiddo (and adults I suppose). It's not a "Golf" part so the angle doesn't perfectly match the rears seats but it will do just fine. I expect the kiddo will thank in me for protecting in 10 years, while cursing me for making him take a road trip in my 20 year old Golf :ROFLMAO:.

View attachment 304811View attachment 304812View attachment 304813

There is a different style that I have also ordered that looks stranger but might be better, waiting on that to come in...
View attachment 304814

There is another style, that seems to be discontinued, that would work best with the euro headrests, also well over $300, uggghhh!
View attachment 304815View attachment 304816
Ohhh. That's pretty cool.

Jachas

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
A3 8V
There is another style, that seems to be discontinued, that would work best with the euro headrests, but well over $300, uggghhh!
1715955399720.png 1715955421604.png
1715955263374.png
This one looks like headrest from integrated child seat on EU spec cars. VW sharan, and EU Passat B8. Apart from headrest, rear bench is different (or individual seat in case of sharan), with integrated part that lifts. That bench + headrest makes quite good child seat.

It looks like this:

1715955399720.png 1715955421604.png

This one it look like Euro B7 passat style:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/volkswagen-passat-25197/

Randomness... headrest side bolsters for the kiddo (and adults I suppose). It's not a "Golf" part so the angle doesn't perfectly match the rears seats but it will do just fine. I expect the kiddo will thank in me for protecting his neck in 10 years, while cursing me for making him take a road trip in my 20 year old Golf :ROFLMAO:.

1715954946574.png 1715954970772.png 1715955005892.png

This one looks like T5/T6 multivan

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
This one looks like headrest from integrated child seat on EU spec cars. VW sharan, and EU Passat B8. Apart from headrest, rear bench is different (or individual seat in case of sharan), with integrated part that lifts. That bench + headrest makes quite good child seat.
Yeah the integrated child/booster seat is really cool, though not something that can happen in the Golf. Would work great with any off the shelf booster seat though.

Jachas

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
A3 8V
Yeah the integrated child/booster seat is really cool, though not something that can happen in the Golf. Would work great with any off the shelf booster seat though.
Unfortunately. I checked cars most similar to golf hatch (Golf SW, Golf sportsvan, Skoda Octavia, Seat leon) and none of them had bench with integrated booster. But I checked part no. of passat B8 headrest for kids ;) :

3G0887901G/H (cloth)
3G0887901J/K (leather)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Got the email a while ago, my Maxton "Clubsport Style" rear spoiler is scheduled to arrive. Really hoping this thing looks like the picture on their website, if it doesn't, and its just that flat looking piece, I will definitely be calling them asking why the photo of a part they are not selling.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I got a set of Neuspeed RSB clamps. Last week I started having a nice squeak and clunk any time I turned and the rear suspension was loaded. Slid under the car to grease the end links and make sure everything was nice and tight and it turns out that one of the sway bar to frame clamps that came with my sway bar had rusted through and snapped leaving the one side of RSB just literally hanging out.

Attachments

• IMG_4153.jpeg
    IMG_4153.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10