GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Scott published the short(er) video comparing a few of my exhaust options.

Still a full length deep dive in the works for those who want all the testing data.

That suitcase CBE is so tempting.

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
Tire air pressure check -- discovered this:

Attachments

• TireBubb.jpg
    TireBubb.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 138

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So today I "finished" my custom driving profile dataset, using @Chillout's work here of course. Car is a 2015 Golf TDI S 6MT, DCC retrofit, ACC retrofit, Soundaktor (internal) retrofit with Audi TT-RS firmware courtesy of @Chillout again, Soundaktor (external, exhaust mounted) wiring is in place and parts on order, 3Q0 highline gateway retrofit, RGB ambient lighting coded (working, though not installed, and not as full featured as on a facelift Mk7 I have since retrofitted highline BCM). I have the following modes, set as follows...
  • Eco Mode
    • Engine - Eco
    • Steering - Comfort
    • DCC - Comfort
    • ACC - Eco
    • HVAC - Eco
    • Interior Engine Sound - Eco
    • Exterior Engine Sound - Eco
    • Background Lighting - Eco
    • Automatic Belt Pre-Tensioning - Normal
Eco 1.jpgEco 2.jpg
  • Comfort Mode
    • Engine - Normal
    • Steering - Comfort
    • DCC - Comfort
    • ACC -Comfort
    • HVAC - Normal
    • Interior Engine Sound - Comfort
    • Exterior Engine Sound - Comfort
    • Background Lighting - Comfort
Comfort 1.jpgComfort 2.jpg
  • Normal Mode
    • Engine - Normal
    • Steering - Normal
    • DCC - Normal
    • ACC - Normal
    • HVAC - Normal
    • Interior Engine Sound - Normal
    • Exterior Engine Sound - Normal
    • Background Lighting - Normal
Normal 1.jpgNormal 2.jpg
  • Sport Mode
    • Engine - Sport
    • Steering - Sport
    • DCC - Sport
    • ACC - Sport
    • HVAC - Eco
    • Interior Engine Sound - Sport
    • Exterior Engine Sound - Sport
    • Background Lighting - Sport
    • Automatic Belt Pre-Tensioning - Sport
Sport 1.jpgSport 2.jpg
  • Custom (Individual) Mode
    • Engine - Normal/Sport/Eco
    • Steering - Comfort/Normal/Sport
    • DCC - Comfort/Normal/Sport
    • ACC - Comfort/Normal/Sport/Eco
    • HVAC - Normal/Eco
    • Interior Engine Sound - Comfort/Normal/Sport/Eco
    • Exterior Engine Sound - Comfort/Normal/Sport/Eco
    • Background Lighting - Comfort/Normal/Sport/Eco
    • Automatic Belt Pre-Tensioning - Normal/Sport
Custom 1.jpgCustom 2.jpg

Continued in the next post, due to 10 image limit... although I swear there are posts with more than 10 images :unsure:

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Continued from previous post... so there are some interesting things, though they aren't all that important...
  • I'm not sure if (or how) to change the order of the options on the screen. In the dataset I have Engine, Steering, DCC, ACC, HVAC, Interior Engine Sound, Exterior Engine Sound, Background Lighting, Automatic Belt Pre-Tensioning. In the car the order is DCC, Steering, Engine, ACC, HVAC (Climate control), Interior Engine Sound, Exterior Engine Sound, Automatic Belt Pre-Tensioning (Belt Tensioner), Background Lighting (Ambient Lighting).
  • In Individual Mode Ambient Lighting shows Eco+ if I reset the mode but when I manually select Eco it does not have the "+"
    • I fixed this, don't remember how but I had messed up something in the dataset 🤷‍♂️
  • My dataset was mostly built based on a GTI dataset, but I added Comfort mode for steering, which only the Golf R has (so I've read)
  • Belt tensioner (normal/sport) does change in the GTI, but the setting is not shown on the driving profile pages (that I've seen)
  • I can configure DCC to show the slider in custom, but in doing so DCC seemed stuck in "Sport" in all modes except custom, where the slider worked
  • The GTI also has things I removed from my dataset, like VAQ front differential, DSG Coasting, Motorway Lighting (for LP cars)
  • Stock dataset also has some things in groups, I ungrouped all settings so I can see them, even in the modes where they can't be changed
    • On the GTI a group called Drive includes Gearbox (DSG), Engine and Start/Stop
    • On the Golf R a group called Engine Sound includes Soundaktor and Exhaust Valves
      • A custom dataset for the Golf R could ungroup these, and set exhaust valves to be open in all modes, if desired
  • I also think there's a way add an Off (or Deactivated) option to the Soundaktor custom selections, but I haven't got that figured out yet either
Finally, the pictures of all my Custom Mode settings...
Custom ACC.jpgCustom Ambient Lighting.jpgCustom Belt Tensioner.jpgCustom DCC.jpgCustom Engine.jpgCustom Ext Engine Sound.jpgCustom HVAC.jpgCustom Int Engine Sound.jpgCustom Ext Engine Sound.jpgCustom Steering.jpg

Attachments

• Custom Ext Engine Sound.jpg
    Custom Ext Engine Sound.jpg
    882.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Put a new steering wheel in the R!

1647438638260.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I like it. Mine shipped today.

What did you get for customization? Did they send you pics you could share before they sent it?

Also, wtf. You ordered yours on the 7th, and finished getting made and shipped already. I ordered my 2nd one on the 5th, and still waiting.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks real nice. Does it make the drive that much better?

I'd assume yes, but the only drive time I've had with it so far was going once around the block to clear the errors from disconnecting the battery.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
What did you get for customization? Did they send you pics you could share before they sent it?

Also, wtf. You ordered yours on the 7th, and finished getting made and shipped already. I ordered my 2nd one on the 5th, and still waiting.
I got perforated sides, smooth top abs bottom and grey stitching. The 7.5 has perforated inserts in the seats so I think it will look nice. They didn’t send pictures but I got the shipment notification this morning.