GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Over the weekend I DIY repainted the panoramic sunroof trim. I think it came out great. It took me a couple of days to sand off the old clearcoat by hand. I then wet sanded the orange peel until it was flat and cut and polished the clear coat. She's ready for AVF!

Looks great, what paint did you use? Rattle can?

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
Over the weekend I DIY repainted the panoramic sunroof trim. I think it came out great. It took me a couple of days to sand off the old clearcoat by hand. I then wet sanded the orange peel until it was flat and cut and polished the clear coat. She's ready for AVF!
amazing im going to to the same.

Anyone that have a crack in the sunroof its made of polycarbonate, same plastic as roof glazing.
it can be plastic welded or epoxy glued.

s-l1603.jpg

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Great tips on the sunroof trim. Haven't tried having it replaced under warranty yet but good to know there's options in case they're shitty about it.

Got ye olde yearly oil change. Only 6,100 miles on it since last time, but would rather too often than not.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I need to fix the crack in mine and then do what you did.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
That looks great! I need to do that on my sunroof at some point.

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Looks great!!
Mine has 2 cracks on it, planning to epoxy and wrap instead of paint eventually. So lazy lol

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
That looks amazing man.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Following what you end up doing. I've been rolling around on a broken rear spring for months on my 2015. I'm waiting for a forum member to respond back for some used stock struts/springs for a refresh until I go full coilover and not quite sure what all will be involved with a replacement.
I would recommend NOT running on broken springs. Too many things can happen.
I UPS Next Day Aired a spring from RockAuto for 100$ TOTAL. Bought the hardware at local dealership, and will be making the swap tonight. It should go pretty simply... but I usually get burned when I say that. I considered coillovers as well, but I live in the north and already push snow with the front bumper lol

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
1000012514.jpg

Got some go go juice for the shake down tomorrow of the VR6.

Last edited:

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Drove it and pretty much the ac is weak. Ugh new condenser going to call up the local shop by me to take it in..

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Swapped everything to track mode after getting the gas. This is the first time she's been in this form in years. I'm so excited for tomorrow.

1000012552.jpg