GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track Pads for MK7.5 R

scrllock

Autocross Champion
This is one reason why I use Porterfield R4 (track specific) and Porterfield R4S (street/autox/light track) as the compound is interchangeable. The R4 take over track duty up front and the R4S are adequate in back on the track. For street and autox the R4S are on front and back. I’ve even run the R4S on all corners at Sebring but with limiting them to 20 minutes per session. With the R4 up front I can stay out as long as I want and brake as late and hard as I wish.
How many days do you get out of a set of R4?

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
How many days do you get out of a set of R4?
9349798B-E8A8-4E6B-AAD0-71B0A8DADF69.jpeg

This set of R4 front has a couple of Homestead HPDE days on them running intermediate/advanced.

46FD7251-F8D2-4D2A-9475-84248B65C6C2.jpeg

This set of R4S has a Sebring track day, a hand full of autox events and a couple years of daily driving on them.

59EC4BD0-B447-43B1-A7F7-01F8966E6B0A.jpeg

This set of R4S rear pads have a couple years of daily driving, 3 track days and handful of AutoX events on them.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
View attachment 274222
This set of R4 front has a couple of Homestead HPDE days on them running intermediate/advanced.

View attachment 274223
This set of R4S has a Sebring track day, a hand full of autox events and a couple years of daily driving on them.

View attachment 274224
This set of R4S rear pads have a couple years of daily driving, 3 track days and handful of AutoX events on them.
curious if you can compare depth now to new, those just look like used pads to me, lol

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI
I like to use Porterfield R4 up front and R4S in back. This way you only need to swap the front back to R4S for daily driving.
Any additional feedback for this setup? How many sessions/street miles and have the pads held up well?