GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealthy is38 install

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Don't get all the hate, I think this is a cool idea! I prefer the looks of a modded gti but this is hilarious. I'd laugh my ass off if a stock looking golf blew the doors off my mustang or subie. I also agree about the interior, no reason to touch it.

Also, I don't think he ever mentioned wanting to "race with the big boys", whoever these big boys may be....the guy just wants to suprise people with a true sleeper and something pretty unique (haven't seen anyone pull this off with an mk7 but correct me if I'm wrong).

Thumbs up, keep us posted. Or at least me if no one else finds this interesting...

That's why I never underestimate any car. Even a old POS Honda Civic could have a turbo under the hood. MANY years ago I was embarrassed by an old stock-looking Prelude. My tuned MK4 should have easily taken it. SOB laid 2 even 30 foot tracks of rubber on takeoff and killed me.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

Car mods when married cost like twice as much... buy her a gift to appease her so you can get a car part :D

If you have separate bank accounts, then you don't have to say anything. My GTI went into an all-day appointment for "spark plugs" and came home with a downpipe, intercooler, and Stage 2 tune. My wife is only mildly suspicious. :eek: :p

Scott

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Car mods when married cost like twice as much... buy her a gift to appease her so you can get a car part :D

Decent idea, have to try that next time

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
HAHA!

If you have separate bank accounts, then you don't have to say anything. My GTI went into an all-day appointment for "spark plugs" and came home with a downpipe, intercooler, and Stage 2 tune. My wife is only mildly suspicious. :eek: :p

Scott

We have a joint account and then our own "fun money" accounts, tried that with "I'm going to detail my car" when I installed the JB4 the first time, came back home and it was barely clean and I was gone a few hours, she was really suspicious then

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
My wife gave up as it’s my money. It’s been that way since we started dating back in 2000. We’ve always had separate accounts and as long as the bills were paid it was whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
It’s probably Physically bigger and has a stiffer spring. The aftermarket one will not fit the US 1.8, I already called and checked a month or so ago.

Thanks, good to know. On eBay it implies that it fits the 1.8. I would have bought it and tore my car apart to find it didn’t fit and that would’ve sucked. Lol

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Yeah. Not sure why it says that and why autotech won’t change the listing either.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Went back to the Dyno today to put up the Integrated Engineering downpipe up against my “Frankenpipe.” The Frankenpipe is an OEM golf R downpipe with the first catalytic converter (by the turbo) removed.

Gains are seen low-mid range. I’d imagine the 034 would see the same numbers. Now the Frankenpipe made +23 whp peak and +30hp in parts of the range and +12 ft/lbs peak with +26 gains in some spots.

DP03

Ready to race!
HAHA!

Scott

Hilarious. My intercooler and exhaust install was a "tune up". With 5K on the odometer.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The IE is a bit louder surprisingly.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Looks like the frankenpipe really is a good value

crxgator