GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So What if I don't read the Manual

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
vmq6695 said:
Turning pages is so (strike out 20th) 17th century, no?
This saddens my heart:biggrin: It probably means you're not much of a reader. That's ok, a lot of people aren't. But there's a whole world of books that you're missing out on. I prefer non-fiction myself. I don't like to walk away from reading without learning something. But that's just me. There's so much knowledge in books.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Teknophreak said:
You've got to be kidding me. People don't like to answer the same question over and over. You really sound immature and extremely lazy. A forum is NOT a family. At best, it is a community. In a community, you're expected to pull your own weight, so to speak. God forbid you have to figure something out yourself!

No offense, but this post really irks me.

x2 - seriously, you want everything spoon fed to you? :iono: :thumbdown:

vmq6695

May you be well and happy
Car(s)
VW Golf
kirk180 said:
This saddens my heart:biggrin: It probably means you're not much of a reader. That's ok, a lot of people aren't. But there's a whole world of books that you're missing out on. I prefer non-fiction myself. I don't like to walk away from reading without learning something. But that's just me. There's so much knowledge in books.

I've no problem reading books for pleasure and education. And my home library is not small.

My point was that, in the 21st century, VAG could [should?] provide its customers with more information in a readily searchable format.

And do it far cheaper than the cost of printing the owner's manual on paper.

Think of it: one CD-ROM could contain the Owners Manual, the VWoA Self Study Program, and relevant sections of the VW parts manual. A DVD could contain much more.

As it is, I look up the parts manual (ETKA) on CD-R. And I have much of the Self Study Program on CD-R. I think it would have been neat if that had been provided when I purchased the car.

Perhaps that means there is a niche for, say, someone from this forum, to create and market a CD or DVD with something better than the VW Owner's Manual (just digitising the text and adding hyperlinks to itself, not to mention adding hyperlinks to the Self Study Program documents or even the distilled wisdom of this forum, would be a revolution).

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
^^^I see. You have a good point thought there. I def didn't take it that way the first time around.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Teknophreak said:
You've got to be kidding me. People don't like to answer the same question over and over. You really sound immature and extremely lazy. A forum is NOT a family. At best, it is a community. In a community, you're expected to pull your own weight, so to speak. God forbid you have to figure something out yourself!

No offense, but this post really irks me.

First off yea I am lazy and Immature. Lazy and Immature enough to give my life for my country for the last 13 years with many more to go.(Yea I am gonna play that card). Yea much offense taken, walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me who is lazy.

The whole point of the thread was just to see how aggrivated people get over nothing and how informative people are. Evidently if the thread Irks one they probably wouldnt even waist time replying. And as for it not being a family, but a community, whoop-d-friggin-doo you say tu-mato I toe-may-toe

Shit if people dont like answering questions that have allready been asked then dont respond is my only point.

Oh yea sorry if anyone else is offended by this thread but like i said it was just a means of communicating with my fellow brethren(sorry, community) while I am stationed away from my family, home and most importantly my FAST.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
It's not just responding to questions. It's sifting thru hundreds of threads all asking the same thing. People don't want to have to scroll thru a thousand threads asking basic questions that can be answered by anyone who's taken the intiative and 60 seconds of their time to open the manual and read about whatever instead of flooding a messge board with the same old question.

I can't imagine too many are offended by this thread, but there's a reason that people get sick of hundreds of others asking basic questions that can be answered in the manual.

The search button exists for a reason.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
kidkusu said:
But let it be a question that can be found in the VW manual and all of a sudden that individual is lazy.

I think it is pretty sad if folks would come here to have "friends". In my opinion, owners should refer to the manual first before they bother others here with these type of questions. People need to learn to be more self sufficient and not expect others to do everything for them.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
kidkusu said:
First off yea I am lazy and Immature. Lazy and Immature enough to give my life for my country for the last 13 years with many more to go.(Yea I am gonna play that card). Yea much offense taken, walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me who is lazy.

You can try playing that card, but it isn't going to help. It was your choice. (assuming you really are in the military) I never said you WERE lazy, I said you SOUNDED lazy. I don't know you and can only comment on your post.

The whole point of the thread was just to see how aggrivated people get over nothing and how informative people are. Evidently if the thread Irks one they probably wouldnt even waist time replying. And as for it not being a family, but a community, whoop-d-friggin-doo you say tu-mato I toe-may-toe

Yeah, people never post to threads that annoy them... And community and family are NOT the same thing. Sorry.

Shit if people dont like answering questions that have allready been asked then dont respond is my only point.

So it's ok for you to clutter the forum asking for answers to questions that have been answered already?? Most people view that as a waste of their time and disrespectful. It also makes the OP look lazy.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Once again lets not get our panties all in a knot(for real). It was just a question to see how insensitive people can be and how helpful people can be. Obviously some people on this forum have never had a question that has ever been asked. Oh Yea, and the way it came out sure did sound like one was lazy and immature with exclamations and all after it. But thick skin I have so I could really give a shit what is said about me.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
johnny12345 said:
Sorry a little off topic but does anybody know that if I was to get Flash software will my warranty be voided? thanx guys:w00t:

...and like, what do you guys pay for insurance on this bad boy? Yeah and what's you guys' average age would you say? oh yeah and what color do guys think I should get when I get my MkXVIIV GTI?

Thanks guys, internet n00b here. Keep it real!:thumbup: