GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Random epc and limp mode. need help tracking.

Chadastrophic

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI Sport
No input on your problem, but you don't have to click the cruise off. Just mash the gas and when you're done let off and it'll settle back to your set point.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Screenshot_20230811_170827_OBDeleven VAG.jpg

Just as I thought. Ni dice with obd11. I unplugged the secondary o2 sensor just in case. No check engine light thank God. I have lightly beat on it a bit after tonight's oil change, and so far I haven't had an issue, but that probably won't last.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
No input on your problem, but you don't have to click the cruise off. Just mash the gas and when you're done let off and it'll settle back to your set point.
I click it off due to the delay. If the acc thinks there is a car still there, it cuts power drastically until it thinks the coast is clear. Once clear, it gives you the beans.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Your tune is EQT correct? If so I thought codes could only be pulled with Cobb and not with Obdeleven and VCDS?
I didn't know that. I might flash to stock and retry it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
STFT are fine. HPFP dips a bit at the shift but nothing abnormal for an IS38 pushing that much boost. Also, he said his misfire issue was in gear in the 5-6k range.
What does it look like when stft is not fine? What's the threshold?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
And again this morning it happened again. This evening I will be reverting back to stock tune to see if it still happens.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Unfortunately no. I want to try a carbon cleaning to see if it helps. If I keep this car till spring I'll report back. How many miles do you have?

Devanl310

Car(s)
2016 Volkswagen gti
Unfortunately no. I want to try a carbon cleaning to see if it helps. If I keep this car till spring I'll report back. How many miles do you have?
I’m currently sitting at ab 111k but issues arose ab 500 miles ago. First it started from a stop I get epc & misfire codes, now only happens in 3rd WOT

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
No, unfortunately I traded the car in for a tiguan.