GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Folding Mirrors with BSM

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
So I have a Golf with heated mirror and BSM. All the power folding mirror kits I’ve found says it does not support BSM or the photos does not show the BSM in the mirrors. I know I might need new door modules but is there a way to keep the BSM functionality with the power folding mirrors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
I manually did mine. If you have a decent understanding of electronics and are comfortable disassembling the door then it's not difficult.

Most kits don't come with the BSM mirror (with LED indicator) or the additional wiring, that's the only difference and why they say it's not compatible.

I took the BSM wires out of the harness that connects to the BCM (taking note of the wire color and pin position) and inserted it into the same positions on the power folding loom harness.

The wire loom harness on the non-power mirrors is the same as the power folding mirrors (16pin if I remember correctly) just without the additional wires for power options.

Everything else is the as the install videos explain and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
Order from e-acca

5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
5G1857508EN9B9 - mirror
5G1857507DG9B9 - mirror

OEM VW power folding mirrors with BSM.
Damn, I wish I would have known the BSM wiring existed when I installed mine. I looked everywhere for them.

Excellent info, thank you

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Order from e-acca

5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch
5G1857508EN9B9 - mirror
5G1857507DG9B9 - mirror

OEM VW power folding mirrors with BSM.

Those numbers don't work for me.

I have:

5G1857507DM9B9
5G1857508FH9B9

for the mirrors with BSM.

Damn, I wish I would have known the BSM wiring existed when I installed mine. I looked everywhere for them.

Excellent info, thank you

Funny, I was going to get the BSM ones from e-acca till you said that you could transfer the wiring. I'm going to go with the route you took and just save myself $150. :)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Just buy a regular power folding mirror kit, run the BSM wiring with the new mirrors wiring and change the glass to BSM Glass.

Shouldnt add more than 10 mins to the total time of the installation.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the info guys. Depending on the difference in cost, I might just get a non BSM kit and reusing the wiring and mirror from my car. Just to confirm. These are the door modules I’ll need? Does it matter which letter (revision) it ends with?

5Q0959592
5Q0959593

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Thanks for all the info guys. Depending on the difference in cost, I might just get a non BSM kit and reusing the wiring and mirror from my car. Just to confirm. These are the door modules I’ll need? Does it matter which letter (revision) it ends with?

5Q0959592
5Q0959593

The person in this link used this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32717968152.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.WoYuo8

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32965

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed

5Q0959592
5Q0959593

From what I understand from the linked forum post, it needs to be a 5-series BCM. (Series is indicated by the 3rd to last digit)

Further, it looks like from what is being said that all GTIs should be equipped for power mirrors, it's the Golf series *non-GTI that may have the 3-series where it needs a 5-series. That's my interpretation anyways

Last edited:

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I'd hope that they haven't ditched features in higher revisions but it is VW sooooo... [emoji28]

Only one way to know for sure.

If u order from e-acca, email Natalja and have her verify the part #s.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Just buy a regular power folding mirror kit, run the BSM wiring with the new mirrors wiring and change the glass to BSM Glass.

Shouldnt add more than 10 mins to the total time of the installation.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A warning to anyone who might think this only takes 10 mins.. It seems simple on the surface but I can tell you from experience that it is not. It took me several hours to retrofit the wires, and that was with cutting them, running them, and resoldering them back together. Pulling the connector through without cutting the wires I imagine is even harder. I had to spray WD-40 down the mirror “harness hole” to keep the harness from ripping. The space is extremely tight and there’s a risk of ripping the connector off the wires, hence why I cut and resoldered. Then add the time of electrical taping it all back together and pulling it through the grommet while making sure you leave the correct amount of slack on both ends.

Remember that you can’t really drive the car with the door panel off and no mirror, especially the drivers side. If this is your only car then prepare to be out of commission while you finish the retrofit. I don’t wanna scare anyone away from doing it but you gotta be prepared.

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
A warning to anyone who might think this only takes 10 mins.. It seems simple on the surface but I can tell you from experience that it is not. It took me several hours to retrofit the wires, and that was with cutting them, running them, and resoldering them back together. Pulling the connector through without cutting the wires I imagine is even harder. I had to spray WD-40 down the mirror “harness hole” to keep the harness from ripping. The space is extremely tight and there’s a risk of ripping the connector off the wires, hence why I cut and resoldered. Then add the time of electrical taping it all back together and pulling it through the grommet while making sure you leave the correct amount of slack on both ends.

Remember that you can’t really drive the car with the door panel off and no mirror, especially the drivers side. If this is your only car then prepare to be out of commission while you finish the retrofit. I don’t wanna scare anyone away from doing it but you gotta be prepared.

I had a much different experience. I was able to slide my wires through without a problem. I certainly did not need to cut them or lubricate the channel albeit there's not much room, but I wasn't worried about them ripping or anything. It didn't add much time to my install and I was going in blind, trying to figure it out without direction.

I'm curious to hear others experiences on the install.