GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAR Golf 1.8 TSI MK7 to 7.5 Tail Light Issue

openlog

That would be magic... It doesn't work w/o re-pinning and coding or adapter harness and coding!
If you remove and isolate the wire of outer-left pin4 you can use RC6 as the right turn signal. Where do you get the left turn signal from? One option is to move inner-left pin4 to pin3 and code Leuchte28 as turn signal left. Now share inner-right pin4 signal with inner-left pin4 and you'll have two reverse lights again.

I spent a few hours yesterday messing with the coding to get the tail lights to work up to my standards with reds only, I really learned a lot during messing around with the coding! If I read your reply before yesterday, I would probably have not understood what you were trying to say;)

I guess I’ll see how that works out.. onto repinning! or, I’ve heard on VWVortex that you make your own harnesses? How much do you charge for those?

openlog

I was able to repin the car so that C6 (side led) would act as the left turn signal, and A64 (right reverse light) to be the right turn signal.
I decided to do it the opposite way as it would leave me with one reverse light working on my driver side, as opposed to the passenger side.

I probably won’t get to hiding/adding these wires until it’s warmer in the spring, so one reverse light will have to do for now:)

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Well done. I suggested it the opposite way because Leuchte29 (reverse right) also powers the rear camera on vehicles with factory rvc.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Pin3 and Pin4 on the outer lights are connected within the lights. Code Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 to "not active" and the amber section doesn't turn on if you switch your lights on.

To get the sweeping you need to change some wiring and coding.

Did you find out where to the yellow and black wires connect?

Hello!

I notice that this pdf you made has a column for No harness AliExpress coding.

Could you please help me with making Amber dynamic signal work?
I have a yellow wire that I plug into both inner and outter light, to provide "power" according to the seller.

The only coding I did is Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 to "not active"
It worked in disabling the turn signal lights being constantly lit, when parking light is on! Thank you 🤓

Golf 2017, North American (Canada) trend line 1.8T, originally halogen lights all around. No fog lights at all.
I do not have any harness.
Below is the dinner light connector
IMG_20200714_083246.jpg

All the lights work as intended at this point but my issue now is
Amber lights does not act as dynamic turn signal.

Turn signal uses brake light, same as lock/unlock feature.

What re-pinning or coding do I need to follow to make that work?

Thank you!

openlog

Hello!

I notice that this pdf you made has a column for No harness AliExpress coding.
What re-pinning or coding do I need to follow to make that work?

Thank you!

I referred to this guide in order to repin my adapter, I had two move two wires in total.
9yXjhk9.png

Notice how the RoW wiring has a dedicated Turn signal wire, while the NAR doesn't. You need to steal one of the reverse light wires and turn that into either left or right turn, and then steal the side led and do the same for the opposite turn.
I took C6 and wired it to RoW A60, and then took A64 and wired that to C3 (but if you have a reverse camera you might want to reverse these since the camera is powered by the other reverse light). Then just convert the reverse and side LED to their respective turn signals.

It's much easier done than said, just follow the chart and you'll figure it out:)

Repinning isn't that hard either, IIRC you just pull the clip open and then use something like a pin/thumbtack/needle and push the wire out:)

Last edited:

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
I referred to this guide in order to repin my adapter, I had two move two wires in total.
View attachment 179532

Notice how the RoW wiring has a dedicated Turn signal wire, while the NAR doesn't. You need to steal one of the reverse light wires and turn that into either left or right turn, and then steal the side led and do the same for the opposite turn.
I took C6 and wired it to RoW A60, and then took A64 and wired that to C3 (but if you have a reverse camera you might want to reverse these since the camera is powered by the other reverse light). Then just convert the reverse and side LED to their respective turn signals.

It's much easier done than said, just follow the chart and you'll figure it out:)

Repinning isn't that hard either, IIRC you just pull the clip open and then use something like a pin/thumbtack/needle and push the wire out:)

Hey! Thanks for the super swift reply. 😊
GIF 1
GIF 2
Above is how my lights is working with the Amber lights off now due to coding as mentioned above.

And the pdf made by @ZERO815 filled with coding, do I need to do that or can I just do that to make my lights working as it should?

Or do I need to simply do the re pinning?
I do not have harness does the same guide applies to me? 🤔

I'll learn about re pinning and wiring with your guides to help and ask more questions if I need to here 🙂

Thank you! 🤓

openlog

By repinning, you're basically skipping the job of the harness. The harness just moves the wires so you don't have to repin yourself:)
As for programming, if I recall correctly, I just swapped the functions of the reverse and side led markers to left/right turn signals, which I believe the guide makes you do. I can't remember exactly anymore! ;p

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
View attachment 179532

For this guide, you did not have any harness right?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I have some personal stuff going on that is making me mentally exhausted

Yes i do have reverse camera so I can not use "reverse wire" in my case, what do you suggest?

I have done many edits for this post lol.

So I am re pinning the connector that comes straight out from the car itself. Not the taillight one, from my learning right?
Now if I want to keep reverse lights + back up camera. I'll have no signal for the inner Amber lights?
Thanks! 🤔

Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
In 5 steps you should have dynamic turn signals:
1. Right turn signal
Code:
Light ChannelsMK7factoryCssoz
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lasttyp 2114 - kombinierte Blink- Bremsleuchten34 - LED Bremsleuchten
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lampendefektbitposition 212020
Leuchte21BR RC8-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 213A3A
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion A 21Brake lightBrake light
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion B 21Blinken rechts Hellphasenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert AB 21100100
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 21AlwaysAlways
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion C 21Blinken rechts Dunkelphasenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion D 21not activenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert CD 2100
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimming Direction CD 21minimizeminimize
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion E 21Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion F 21not activenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert EF 212810
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimming Direction EF 21maximizemaximize
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion G 21not activenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion H 21not activenot active
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimming Direction GH 2100
Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert GH 21maximizemaximize
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 2736 - LED Kleinleistung38 - LED Blinkleuchten
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lampendefektbitposition 270000
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 274747
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)Blinken rechts Hellphase
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27127100
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 27AlwaysAlways
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert CD 2700
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction CD 27maximizemaximize
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion E 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion F 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert EF 2700
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction EF 27maximizemaximize
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion G 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion H 27not activenot active
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimming Direction GH 2700
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert GH 27maximizemaximize

Results:
Turn signal to the left: Brake light acts as turn signal.
Turn signal to the right: Brake light doesn't work as turn signal any more. Dynamic turn signals work on both sides as hazards.

2. Separate left amber section from right amber section:
Remove Pin4 (Grey/Black wire) from vehicle plug. Insulate pin and tuck it away.

Result:
Turn signal to the right: Dynamic turn signals works on right side only.

3. Activate left amber section:
Re-Pin Black/Blue wire from vehicle inner-left plug Pin4 to Pin3.
Code:
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lasttyp 2014 - kombinierte Blink- Bremsleuchten34 - LED Bremsleuchten
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lampendefektbitposition 201010
Leuchte20BR LA71-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 203939
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion A 20Brake lightBrake light
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion B 20Blinken links Hellphasenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert AB 20100100
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 20AlwaysAlways
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion C 20Blinken links Dunkelphasenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion D 20not activenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert CD 2000
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimming Direction CD 20minimizeminimize
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion E 20Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion F 20not activenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert EF 202810
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimming Direction EF 20maximizemaximize
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion G 20not activenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion H 20not activenot active
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimming Direction GH 2000
Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert GH 20maximizemaximize
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lasttyp 289 - allgemeine Glühlampe 27W, auch H1538 - LED Blinkleuchten
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lampendefektbitposition 280B0B
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 283131
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion A 28RueckfahrlichtBlinken links Hellphase
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion B 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert AB 28100100
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 28AlwaysAlways
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion C 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion D 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert CD 2800
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimming Direction CD 28maximizemaximize
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion E 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion F 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert EF 2800
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimming Direction EF 28maximizemaximize
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion G 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion H 28not activenot active
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimming Direction GH 2800
Leuchte28RFL LC11-Dimmwert GH 28maximizemaximize
Results:
Turn signal to the left: Brake light doesn't work as turn signal any more. Dynamic turn signals works.
Left reverse light doesn't work anymore.

4. Reactivate left reverse light
Plug a repair wire (000979025E) into inner-left Pin4 and attach it to inner-right Pin4 wire.

Result:
Both reverse lights run under Leuchte29. Your RVC is still working.

5. Some cosmetic coding changes. To my knowledge these AE repro lights use the factory MK7_LED coding as a base.
Code:
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lasttyp 239 - allgemeine Glühlampe 27W, auch H1543 - allgemeine LED
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lampendefektbitposition 230A0A
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 232929
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion A 23Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion B 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert AB 232810
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 23AlwaysAlways
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 2300
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimming Direction CD 23maximizemaximize
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion E 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion F 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert EF 2300
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimming Direction EF 23maximizemaximize
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion G 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion H 23not activenot active
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimming Direction GH 2300
Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert GH 23maximizemaximize
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lasttyp 249 - allgemeine Glühlampe 27W, auch H1543 - allgemeine LED
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lampendefektbitposition 241A1A
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 242A2A
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion A 24Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion B 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert AB 242810
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 24AlwaysAlways
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 2400
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimming Direction CD 24maximizemaximize
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion E 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion F 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert EF 2400
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimming Direction EF 24maximizemaximize
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion G 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion H 24not activenot active
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimming Direction GH 2400
Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert GH 24maximizemaximize
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lasttyp 299 - allgemeine Glühlampe 27W, auch H1543 - allgemeine LED
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lampendefektbitposition 291B1B
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 293232
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion A 29RueckfahrlichtRueckfahrlicht
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion B 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert AB 29100100
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 29AlwaysAlways
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion C 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion D 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert CD 2900
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimming Direction CD 29maximizemaximize
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion E 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion F 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert EF 2900
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimming Direction EF 29maximizemaximize
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion G 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Lichtfunktion H 29not activenot active
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimming Direction GH 2900
Leuchte29RFL RA64-Dimmwert GH 29maximizemaximize

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
For this guide, you did not have any harness right?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. I have some personal stuff going on that is making me mentally exhausted

Yes i do have reverse camera so I can not use "reverse wire" in my case, what do you suggest?

I have done many edits for this post lol.

So I am re pinning the connector that comes straight out from the car itself. Not the taillight one, from my learning right?
Now if I want to keep reverse lights + back up camera. I'll have no signal for the inner Amber lights?
Thanks! 🤔

Can you confirm that Zero's method below worked? I am looking into purchasing the same tail lights from AE. Also, did you get any error messages on the dashboard pertaining to lighting after making the pin changes?

2. Separate left amber section from right amber section:
Remove Pin4 (Grey/Black wire) from vehicle plug. Insulate pin and tuck it away.

4. Reactivate left reverse light
Plug a repair wire (000979025E) into inner-left Pin4 and attach it to inner-right Pin4 wire.

I just want to understand the logic behind this coding that you have written. Zero/Cssoz, can you please confirm:
1) Separate left amber section from right amber section is done by removing the side LED wire? Is that because the NAR car is treating the amber section of the LED tails as side lights?
2) You are then re-coding the left reverse electrical signal from the module to be the signal for the left inner turn lights?
3) You are piggybacking the left reverse light off the right one? Does this cause any issues in terms of voltage drop or error codes? Is this safe for the module and should we change to LED to prevent damage from high amperage to the BCM because of incandescent bulbs?
4) Is repair wire 000979025E long enough to reach from the inner drivers light to the inner passenger light?

Thank you!

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Can you confirm that Zero's method below worked? I am looking into purchasing the same tail lights from AE. Also, did you get any error messages on the dashboard pertaining to lighting after making the pin changes?

I just want to understand the logic behind this coding that you have written. Zero/Cssoz, can you please confirm:
1) Separate left amber section from right amber section is done by removing the side LED wire? Is that because the NAR car is treating the amber section of the LED tails as side lights?
2) You are then re-coding the left reverse electrical signal from the module to be the signal for the left inner turn lights?
3) You are piggybacking the left reverse light off the right one? Does this cause any issues in terms of voltage drop or error codes? Is this safe for the module and should we change to LED to prevent damage from high amperage to the BCM because of incandescent bulbs?
4) Is repair wire 000979025E long enough to reach from the inner drivers light to the inner passenger light?

Thank you!
So what i did is the following with OBD11 (only coding). No PIN changes at all!

First i did :
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 to "not active"
It worked in disabling the turn signal lights being constantly lit, when parking light is on

Then I used Step #5 from Zero815 to change the coding from MK7 Factory to "Cssoz" spec from the sheet Zero made.

The above steps will result in perfect lights working the way it should be!

Now AliExpress AKD taillights are amazing. it comes with the yellow wires, which you need to do some wiring (youtube many videos) around the car.

The yellow wire provides power to the INNER amber signal light. and yes this wire is long enough. I did use cable feeder from Canadian Tire (small one 15ft)

NO error messages on dashboard, or any error messages of ANY kind.

NO damage to anything at all if you are concerned about the voltage and stuff.

I even have the AKD mk7.5 style for my MK7 Golf 1.8T headlights ;)

ill explain why coding is enough but i learned the PIN chart mysellf and it's all clear when you simply change the purpose of them via coding.

reply here for more answers, im working right now! lol

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
ill explain why coding is enough but i learned the PIN chart mysellf and it's all clear when you simply change the purpose of them via coding.

reply here for more answers, im working right now! lol

So let me confirm the steps:
1) Remove original tail lights and put the AKD tail lights in. Plug in the blue connectors to the factory connectors.
2) Plug the 1 yellow wire/plug from each tail light into the harness provided by AKD. There are two of this harness, and each runs between the inner and outer for both sides separately (Driver outer to driver inner, and passenger outer to passenger inner)
3) Code Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 to "not active" to get the amber turn signals to stay off during DRLs.
4) Code ONLY step 5 from Zero's post
5)???
6) Profit!!

No need to buy additional wires at all? I'll use some weedeater wire to snake the wire through the boot lid hose thingy.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
So let me confirm the steps:
1) Remove original tail lights and put the AKD tail lights in. Plug in the blue connectors to the factory connectors.
2) Plug the 1 yellow wire/plug from each tail light into the harness provided by AKD. There are two of this harness, and each runs between the inner and outer for both sides separately (Driver outer to driver inner, and passenger outer to passenger inner)
3) Code Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lasttyp 27 to "not active" to get the amber turn signals to stay off during DRLs.
4) Code ONLY step 5 from Zero's post
5)???
6) Profit!!

No need to buy additional wires at all? I'll use some weedeater wire to snake the wire through the boot lid hose thingy.

0. learn as much and re watch the wiring videos 20+ times, get all needed tools for removal of interior parts (plastic pryers from AliExpress)
1. YES
2. there is NO harness, just wires for plugging into original sockets. Yellow wire is new and it goes from OUTTER lights to INNER light. (but you have to do wiring for actual use) You can plug the yellow from OUTTER to INNER light everything works (minus coding ofc)

3. & 4. YES

Do you have the GTI/R or Golf 1.4T/1.8T ?

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
0. learn as much and re watch the wiring videos 20+ times, get all needed tools for removal of interior parts (plastic pryers from AliExpress)
1. YES
2. there is NO harness, just wires for plugging into original sockets. Yellow wire is new and it goes from OUTTER lights to INNER light. (but you have to do wiring for actual use) You can plug the yellow from OUTTER to INNER light everything works (minus coding ofc)

3. & 4. YES

Do you have the GTI/R or Golf 1.4T/1.8T ?
I have a Golf R with the halogen tails. Is there a difference in the programming of the tails for them? I live in Canada.

So even though the AKD listing on Aliexpress says that there is a harness included, it isn't/the seller messed up?
1598974748189.png