GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Retrofit...Speakers Not Functioning!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Datasets cannot be modified with VCDS/OBDEleven or even ODIS.
Not entirely true. Here's how I read, modify, and write back datasets in Audi RMC system:

Cheapest way to load datasets is via CarScanner app + ELM327 adapter. I've used it to load 0x007000 dataset to my unit to enable in-car communication.
And if you read and modify address 0x000240 you can also remove VIM-LOCK without paying 100 credits for it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@mr-fix You are quite correct. But I think it's worth noting that in your video you also show a notepad with lots of your research. Meaning you also know the addresses, have a good idea of what they will change, and know what the proper check sums should be. So as a technical matter yes OBD11 is capable.

But someone who just had their MaiB replaced shouldn't have to care about any of that. The person that did their replacement should load the proper data set so that their system works correctly. If I have my MIB replaced I'm certainly not going to let anyone send me a video showing me how I should modify the data set to get it working properly 🤣.

If they later want to go in and experiment or make changes then what you show in the video is good for them. But more likely they just want to listen to music and not have it sound terrible.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
all this is a bit outside of my knowledge so I have no clue if it’s helpful but my car with fender has byte 4-7 set to 00 on 5F and instead on the sound system module (47), it has byte 5-7 coded to AA with byte 8 also available for HT/TT coding but set to 00

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
all this is a bit outside of my knowledge so I have no clue if it’s helpful but my car with fender has byte 4-7 set to 00 on 5F and instead on the sound system module (47), it has byte 5-7 coded to AA with byte 8 also available for HT/TT coding but set to 00
Thanks for the input. As Cuzoe mentioned I'm not incredibly inclined when it comes to this stuff. I'll post my settings below, unfortunately the sound system module isn't accessible to me for some reason, keeps erroring and tells me the module is not available. I'll check again tonight.

Note pictures where byte 19 set to OFF for MOST.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011-212143.png
    Screenshot_20221011-212143.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_20221011-212233.png
    Screenshot_20221011-212233.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
In the 5F coding "sound system internal" means the unit will use its internal amp to drive the speakers This is for vehicles without Fender.

While "sound system external' is for cars with Fender. It means the MIB will not use its internal amp to drive the speakers. Instead audio is sent to the fender amp via MOST (fiber optic).

Module 47 is the Fender Amp. If your car does not have Fender you will not have module 47. I don't have Fender so I have no input about how module 47 is coded. But if your car also doesn't have Fender then no reason to be concerned with module 47 coding anyway.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Just to bring more confusion:
Next to "sound system internal" (build-in amp) and "sound system external MOST" (fiber optic output to fender/dynadio/bose/B&O amps) there's also "sound system external booster".

Not 100% confirmed but I believe this will force internal amp to send audio line output which you can use to feed audio signal to aftermarket external amplifier.

And if you select "sound system internal individual" you can get additional settings. I believe this is for Skoda only, but there's something called virtual subwoofer that can be enabled in some audio configs.

Idream2.0speed

Hello. Bringing thread back to life...
I recently did a MIB2 to MIB2.5 upgrade. Everything works great except for the sound is off from before. I have a 17' Alltrack SEL with Fender Audio from the factory. Does anyone know the proper sound dataset I should have and if there is a way to figure out which one is installed? After that I will have to find an ODIS or VCP to flash the 5f. I am in the Atlanta area.