GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 1.6 Diesel Injector/HPFP problems

jay1337s

Car(s)
Golkf MK7
Hi,

Car: Golf 7, 2016, 1.6 Diesel, R-Line

Long story short, after a 1300km trip one of my injectors failed and the "Check engine" light came up. Found a local mechanic, diagnosed all 4 cylinders for compression issues but it was fine, so the fault was narrowed down to a faulty injector in Cylinder 4. After replacing all 4 injectors (not OEM since one was 800EUR, but with Delphi Techonolgies ones) and the fuel filter, the car was fine, no more knocking noise, nice idle, lower fuel consumption etc...

Then after approx 600km with the new injectors, I got a "Engine overheat" light and car was idling rough again, loosing power, cracking noise all over again. After connecting to a computer the following codes came up:
1. P1007 Injector failure in 4th cylinder again
2. P0087 Low fuel pressure

How is it possible that new injector failed and in the same cylinder as before just after 600km? Any ideas or suggestions what might be wrong with the vehicle? Its currently at a mechanic shop and they sent the injectors for inspection in case there is something inside them (bad pump, filters,,?).

Last edited:

jay1337s

Car(s)
Golkf MK7
It seems like the issue is in HPFP, fuel or fuel system as a whole. Will inspect the HPFP for any debris etc and we will see. Apparently all 4 injectors were fucked after these 600km. 😭

What I am afraid is that there is indeed debris and the whol system is dirty. Hopefully it can be fixed/cleaned without replacing all parts as the total cost in this case will be more than what the car is worth.

Last edited: