GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
If you have a dramatic difference in weather between summer and winter where you live, should you get your custom tune done in winter or summer? (Is there a temperature direction in which the car compensates better?)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
mostly....mostly

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
If you have a dramatic difference in weather between summer and winter where you live, should you get your custom tune done in winter or summer? (Is there a temperature direction in which the car compensates better?)

nah, the car requests a torque value and then tries to reach that goal. In colder weather it can hit targets with less boost, etc. a good tuner will create a tune that works well in all scenarios

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
There was a big thread about this a year or two ago. Might be worth digging up. It was pretty divisive iirc.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
A more thorough review of the EQT remote dyno tune. After a full day of driving making deliveries anyone on the fence as to whether or not to get an EQT tune vs another tuner I say just get the EQT tune. Ed says that he adjusts more parameters than other tuners and I agree that he must. I've already said that after my tune the car felt so much smoother and faster. But it's the little things in daily driving that make the tune really stand out. I have the DSG and there's a few hills that I drive up everyday and in Drive mode with my previous tune going up those hills the car would always auto downshift to maintain the same speed with the same throttle input. With the EQT tune it doesn't downshift it just goes up the hill maintaining the speed. The throttle resposne is instantaneous. Just in casual driving in Drive mode when it shifts gears it's so responsive I don't have to apply as much throttle. My previous tune required more throttle input and just wasn't as responsive. Also since it has got hot in Phoenix I was getting an EPC light with heavy throttle beyond 5000 RPM. I asked the dyno place to do a baseline run on my existing tune and because it was 107 degrees he couldn't complete the run because the EPC light would come on putting it into limp mode. The place that did the tune that I went to this appointment with suggested that it was probably the TPC20 that was just installed. It was their tune and it's fine now. One last thing. I scheduled the remote dyno tune with EQT a month ago. I arrived at the local dyno place 30 minutes early and mentioned that I hadn't heard from EQT since I scheduled it and sure enough Ed contacted that shop at the time it was scheduled for. I honestly felt I was wasting my time because the EPC light coming on had just started a few days prior to this when the temperature in Phoenix started hitting 110 degrees. It was too late to cancel the appointment so I went there anyway expecting to be told I need to solve the EPC light first not considering that it could be my current tune since it had been fine to that point. That was a long paragraph. Now get an EQT tune.

Yes (Said in my best Diggs voice 😁)

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Damn, not only do we need summer and winter tires, but now we need summer and winter tunes too?

If you want the best overall performance, yes (Diggs again). But you won't need a jack, or kill your back, just a keyboard.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Those of you running Stage 1+ EQT, have you upgraded your spark plugs to the Audi RS7 ones (one heat range colder)?

I've been looking around for the Audi RS7 plugs and keep coming across two different OEM AUDI plugs made by either NGK or BERU. Any difference between the two and which one would you all recommend?

Some online shops show images of NGK while others show BERU when searching 06K 905 601 M. :unsure:

NGK - 06K905601M

BERU - 06K905601M

OEM (I think Audi sources them form both NGK and BERU)

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Get the NGK. Beru’s have had issues with damages.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Have the Ruthenium's with EQT Stage 2. Work perfect.