GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Soooo...are we still unplugging the rear o2?
Good question. Last thing I heard (not from EQT but w/e) was that it was a minimal creep, and that with a spacer and catted downpipe it isn't necessary. With that said, I don't know for certain if that is the case across the board, or what EQT recommends. Hopefully they'll chime in.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Anyone have a video for the updated burbles? Really struggling to decide if I want to do burbles in sport and update the tune at the same time
I installed the tune last night. On my car, stock exhaust during normal driving in sport I can not hear the burbles over the road noise. If I set to manual and let it rev up to 5k and let go of the gas they are noticeable but because of the factory exhaust not loud at all. Low revs in park will give a subtle burble, anything above 4-5k will make them louder. Hopefully they won't become obnoxious once I install an exhaust, but the way they are set up I doubt it would bother me.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I think you'll get a very vague response to that now, if you get one at all. EQT is getting bigger and the EPA is paying more attention to the automotive aftermarket in general.
Yeah, I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those things that the community will need to independently sort out. Not a big deal though.

I installed the tune last night. On my car, stock exhaust during normal driving in sport I can not hear the burbles over the road noise. If I set to manual and let it rev up to 5k and let go of the gas they are noticeable but because of the factory exhaust not loud at all. Low revs in park will give a subtle burble, anything above 4-5k will make them louder. Hopefully they won't become obnoxious once I install an exhaust, but the way they are set up I doubt it would bother me.
Hmm, I might look at them then. I'm on a catted downpipe with resonator and CTS catback, it's not loud at all so the burbles might be a nice mild touch.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I asked this very recently.
Response was: if catalytic is effective enough that there are no emissions related codes, keep it plugged in.

If there are any emissions related codes (IE P0420), unplug it.
I had codes without a spacer, gen1 GESI EPA cat. Guess running it unplugged is the move, though I hear even then the creep is minimal.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Good question. Last thing I heard (not from EQT but w/e) was that it was a minimal creep, and that with a spacer and catted downpipe it isn't necessary. With that said, I don't know for certain if that is the case across the board, or what EQT recommends. Hopefully they'll chime in.

The reason why I asked is because I came across a post on their Facebook page asking about an o2 sensor.

From James,

"Check your battery to start make sure it's good, and make sure your AP is updated with the most recent firmware (through AP manager app on the computer) unplug the rear o2 sensor and reflash the tune and leave unplugged if you're running an aftermarket downpipe that doesn't satisfy emissions, and possibly replace the one in the turbo if the battery is good".

"Doesn't satisfy emissions". Is that an CEL? I don't have one. I've been on the previous version stage 2 for about a year now. Just flashed to v2.63.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I asked this very recently.
Response was: if catalytic is effective enough that there are no emissions related codes, keep it plugged in.

If there are any emissions related codes (IE P0420), unplug it.

I'm using a Wagner Tuning DP with a straight spacer and I'm not throwing any codes. Without it...I was getting the 0420 code.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
IE catted with straight and no CEL. P0036 without.