GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diggs24 Build Thread - "Tapioca XL"

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Installed my Aliexpress integrated dashcam. I wanted something a little more discrete without wires showing. There is an even nicer looking one but I didn't have that mirror trim setup :cautious: . Install sucked as I had to basically disassemble it to bend it around the mirror arm. Built pretty much as solid as VW plastic is built so no complaints there. Install instructions were worthless of course so I had to wing it. Would not recommend this for those who aren't willing to break something, however surprisingly I did not. The app sucks too, but beggars can't be choosers.

Here is the unit I installed for my 2015 with DAP.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33054313825.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6ae24c4dn5ITbZ

Pardon the garage, it's always a mess.

For those curious this is my existing mirror trim:

My view while driving:

My new view while driving, you can hardly see it at the bottom:

Let me know what you think. Yay? Nay? I'll figure out how to use it and upload some video to see the quality.

Last edited:

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Nice, that looks super clean!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Looks pretty nice! Very discrete. Video quality looks pretty decent too - how is it at night?

I'd be tempted to get one but I already had enough fun sweating over installing my dash cam. I don't want to pull my interior apart again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks good. Wonder if it'll work with the frameless auto dimming mirror.

What is it wired in to for power? The mirror itself, or you have to run it down to the fuse box?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Haha. "Dingus". Perfect description for what that guy was trying to pull.

I've been marathoning dashcam videos on YouTube recently. It is absurdly addicting.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They should give you a badge. Might as well make some money while you're out there. It's amazing how many tickets you could give people. Ultimate unmarked cop car.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Here is where I got my idea from. This one is less bulbous.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...-R-today&p=114481453&viewfull=1#post114481453

I think you need this trim to use it though.

Quite a bit different than what I have, especially where it meets the headliner.

Anywho, I am happy with it. You can also add a rear cam to it.