GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BEC Ed's Lights Xenon Coding

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone happen to have the full VCDS coding for upgrading from halogen lighting to Xenon to avoid the use of the CANBUS relays included in the kit? I stumbled upon it once but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
you need to go into leuchte modifications, change the bulb type to xenon for the low beams, and change drls to LED. I've attached the appropriate halogen bulb identifier, basically you just go through that list and fill out the proper bulb types through the code. Props to DV52 putting this together.

Attachments

• leuchte guide.jpg
    leuchte guide.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 6,044

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
sprinks,

Thanks for posting that. My car is a 2018 so it already has LED DRLs, so perhaps coding those isn't necessary?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
unknown territory for me. I only dabbled with the leuchte coding on the new stuff once, haven't been able to study as much as the old leuchte coding. I'd still double check the bulb types for all of them.

VdubStef

Any specific reason you'd want to avoid the Canbus relays? They not only fool the becm but also help with Xenon quick start-up and flash-to-pass via a capacitor system, far as I'm aware.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Any specific reason you'd want to avoid the Canbus relays? They not only fool the becm but also help with Xenon quick start-up and flash-to-pass via a capacitor system, far as I'm aware.

One less item to awkwardly mount to the headlight assembly.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I think my question closely related to the previous posts. I have Osram headlights, full assemblies, replaced my halogens. They are plug & play, much like most of the reps out there. I have the soft code for left/right parking lights. Doesn't throw a dash error but shows up in a scan. Looking at the picture above, I see the following:

Left Front Parking Light - Leuchte2SL VLB10 - Load Type 2 (on my car this is Lasttyp 2, just a typo in the pic I think)
Right Front Parking Light - Leuchte3SL VRB21 - Lasttyp 3

The "B10" for the left and the "B21" for the right correspond to pins on the BCM (J519), confirmed with the J519 pinout chart. Right now both these channels are set to "Type 10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer" which translates to general headlights, according to Google translate anyway. If I'm remembering the choices for this adaptation correctly I should be able to set it to "not active." There is a "Fehlerort mittleres" adaptation channel associated with B10 and B21, which translates to "fault location medium." This channel's value is currently "45" but I'm not sure what that means. I would think the value in this channel won't matter if the type is set to "not active" though.

I'm thinking setting the type to "not active" for the two Lasttyp channels should mean the BCM no longer looks for them. And if that's the case, I should no longer get the soft codes for those lights. Thoughts anyone?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
yeah, if it's not active it shouldn't look for them anymore. i seem to recall i also have this soft error because that channel in the states is for the little side led dot that's in the amber corners.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I think those are little parking lights on the side and should be lichtfunction standlicht allgemein i think and lasttyp allgemeine gluhlampe 12w. I think.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have replaced my halogens with Osram LEDriving lights so I don't have a separate "parking light" like the stock ones. My goal is to "code out" the soft error. Hopefully I get a chance to try it tonight. I seem to remember people saying there was nothing that could be done about the soft error in threads about installing the reps but it never sense to me. After all, we constantly re-code lighting channels for our desired behavior with stock (and various replacement) rear lights.

https://www.osram.com/ecat/LEDrivin...01_3113435/PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat/ZMP_4059103/

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Gotcha. Channels 2 and 3 are on halogen models. I don't believe the factory xenons have a 2 and 3. Sounds like you guys are on the right track to set to not active.