GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

~ SALE PENDING ~ 400+ AWHP MK7 Golf R > SOLD - CPO, pristine, best of breed parts w/ MANY extras

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
In short, my employer has flipped to WFH permanently and I've put a deposit on something new. These factors combined make it hard for us to justify a 3rd car when the new one gets here. I had planned on waiting until spring, at least, but now that I'm WFH permanently there really isn't much reason for me to put additional miles on it. My goal for this car was to achieve a modest 400 to 430 HP at the ground and I spared no expense doing so. Nearly every part is either over engineered or well beyond the capability necessary to achieve my goal. I'll try to be as concise as possible here with the description. This "package" is robust and the care & attention to detail has been paramount so here we go.

Upon taking delivery of this CPO (17k miles and/or whichever comes first 18 months left on CPO currently) Golf R, I had the paint corrected followed by 2 coats of CQuartz UK 3.0. Shortly afterwards, it received a Krown undercarriage treatment. The paint and undercarriage look fantastic and I wanted to keep it that way. The entire car looks less than a year old including granular things like the door sills and weatherstripping. It has never been in an accident nor been exposed to snow. I'm the second owner and I have to assume the original owner kept it covered. This car has about as clean of a history as it gets. I'm attaching a Carfax that I ran prior to posting this. As you can see both the previous owner and myself have kept up with it.

The car is a blast to drive and with the modest (I'm kind of an OEM+ suspension person) upgrades to the driving dynamics, it handles fantastically. It sounds stock. No clunks, bangs, knocks at all. The catted down-pipe added a few decibels but I specifically kept the OEM resonator and muffler on (while powder coating the tips) to keep things somewhat under wraps and subtle. The car is a small devil in a tux : o ).

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. I typically can respond very quickly.

Carfax: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w5_goiqDijy2hp2Aan66TeQW-3MDP2Mo/view?usp=sharing

Car:
- 2016 Golf R
- Limestone Grey
- DSG Auto
- VIN: WVWLF7AU4GW180127
- Miles: 51,412 (will not change much, maybe +10 or 20 miles)
- Owners: 2 (myself included)

The build:
- DBV2 V1 JB Hybrid > Ceramic coated and ported
- AMS Catted DP > Ceramic coated
- AMS CF Intake
- TurboSmart Kompact DV 2020 pre-release update
- PagParts LPFP w/ 525 (450 was hard to get at the time, Arnold had the 525 on hand)
- PagParts Fuel Lines
- Precision Raceworks MPI w 925cc Injectors
- Denso IKH24 plugs w/ APR Coils (OEM coil chit the bed, replaced them all)
- Mishimoto Intercooler
- Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks on OEM Springs
- EuroSport Static Camber Plates
- PowerFlex Diesel Dogbone Insert
- Fuel > Pump 93
- Oil > Motul Sport 5w-40

Tuning:
- DSG TCU and ECU tuning via Nick @ EQT on Cobb AP. Burbles in sport mode.
- Results: 417hp/390tq on R/T tuning's AWD mustang dyno.

Show & Protection:
- P3 MultiGauge w/ Analog Boost Sensor via APR manifold tap
- Powder coated OEM exhaust tips
- Wheels & Tires: TSW Bathurst in Gunmetal wrapped in 245/40/18 Falken Ziex ZE960 All Seasons
- Paint corrected & 2 coats of CQuartz UK 3.0
- Krown Body panel and undercarriage treatment
- RokBlokz (short version) mud flaps, black on black
- TuxMat Floor Protectors front & rear.

Misc:

- All OEM documentation from VW
- All receipts from the parts and work on the car
- 2 Keys
- COBB AP w/ current DSG and ECU tunes
- OBD11 dongle
- Amazon Kindle bootstrapped to run OBD11 w/ silicon case
- GM Ethanol sensor, P3 Gauge E analyzer (for digital display integration)

~ Important... aside from the 15k-ish in things above, there is another gob of value included here ~
Included in the sale are the following:

- Flawless Konig Dekagrams in 18x8.5 wrapped in Michilin X-Ice snow tires at 245/40/18. These tires were never used. They are dirty in this photo, never cleaned them after mounting. This was my contingency plan in the event our "winter" car went down and we needed an emergency backup.
- Proper continental spare. I didn't go the entire Euro foam insert and carpeting route, I just wanted something I could toss in for trips with the family. Also included with this is a new torin 1.5 ton scissor jack and gorilla extendable lug wrench w/ socket.
- 80% tread left General GMax RS ultra high-performance summer tires with 80% of their tread left.
- OEM (Thule) Removable roof rack.
- Inno Wedge 864. Used once, flawless and double-coated in CQuartz UK 3.0
- Box of OEM parts including intake, intercooler, a/c vent (I purchased the complete drop in kit from P3) and more. The OEM IS38 and DP are gone.

Asking Price: $31k. Not parting out. Not looking for trades.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

drivers-door.jpg

dash-on-p3-gauge.jpg

Last edited:

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
upper-center-console.jpg

center-lower.jpg

front-passenger.jpg

rear-passenger.jpg

engine-cover-off.jpg

engine-cover-on.jpg

trunk.jpg

tread.jpg

wheels-tires.jpg

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
inno-mounted.jpg

inno-wedge.jpg

dvb2_turbo.jpg

undercarriage.jpg
dyno.jpg

documents.jpg

cpo-warranty.jpg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Did you really not upgrade the OEM engine/trans mounts? That’s interesting...

I have upgraded dogbone on stock mounts on my Alltrack and the engine bay movement is still pretty bad, I’m not gonna last until the stock mounts die before replacement. And I’m only pushing 211AWHP/255AWTQ per APR’s measurements.

Just surprised pushing power like that and stock mounts are even comfortable. I’d think the dramatic rocking in the bay when letting off throttle from WOT would feel like the engine is hitting the firewall. It feels like that sometimes in mine with 3 dogbone mods installed.

Last edited:

WagenWizard

Ready to race!
One of the things I have enjoyed about being a VW enthusiast over the past 30 some years is meeting some really great people! I met staying_tuned back In the spring when he offered up some free Golf hood liners, I drove the hour and fifteen minutes to his beautiful home and he graciously gave me a liner without asked a penny for it. While I was there he showed me this gorgeous R, as soon as I saw the car and his garage I knew he was the type of guy who really took great care of his things. This car looked like it just came off of the showroom floor, everything was spotless.

We talked for a while and he told me of his modding plans for the car, lucky me as I was the recipient of all of the "throwaways" I came back the next day to buy his stock Cadiz wheels and tires, and later I purchased his IS38, DP and RSB. He gave me such a shockingly good deal that it was a no brainier to buy them. I have often joked that he was the devil on my shoulder that got me back into the modding game! 😁

I was happy to buy these parts from him not only because of the price but because I knew he took care of this car. We have had numerous conversations while he has modded this car and I can tell you he does his research, he is meticulous and he buys the best parts to make sure the car would perform flawlessly. In other words, This is the kind of guy you want to buy a modded car from! He is not some kid throwing the cheapest parts at his car so he can go out a hammer on it every day.

If I could, I would drive to his house tomorrow with check in hand to buy this car, it is a steal at this price. Unfortunately for me, the divorce I would have to deal with if I bought it would cost many times over his asking price! 😄

The peace of mind knowing that you are buying a car that was modded correctly and responsibly is worth a lot. This is one of those opportunities you don't find very often. Whoever buys this car will be very happy with it, and will meet a great, generous fellow enthusiast!

GLWS bro! This is gonna sell fast!

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Did you really not upgrade the OEM engine/trans mounts? That’s interesting...

I was tempted to order the CS-P units but having cut off my nose to spite my face in the past with upgraded motor-mounts inducing excessive NVH, I opted to go with just a dog-bone insert. The diesel one at that, which is 5D softer than the TSI street variant. Pre dog-bone insert, throttle let-off resulting in the engine rocking quite a bit. That silly little $50 bushing worked a miracle to the extent that if I thought it needed more mitigation, I'd have whatever the latest & best option was installed in a heartbeat.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I was tempted to order the CS-P units but having cut off my nose to spite my face in the past with upgraded motor-mounts inducing excessive NVH, I opted to go with just a dog-bone insert. The diesel one at that, which is 5D softer than the TSI street variant. Pre dog-bone insert, throttle let-off resulting in the engine rocking quite a bit. That silly little $50 bushing worked a miracle to the extent that if I thought it needed more mitigation, I'd have whatever the latest & best option was installed in a heartbeat.

Interesting.

Does your R have auto stop-start? The mounts that come with stop/start cars seemed uprated to me when I had a 2019 GTI loaner last year. Felt more like the diesel mounts on my gf’s JSW TDI

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It does not have auto start-top.

Interesting.

It’s noteworthy that you chose the Powerflex insert that fills more net space in the bushing than the metal inserts i have. I’ll bet that accounts for the improved performance in your case. Maybe the route I went wasn’t the best. Frankly not so sure why I was so hell-bent on the APR lower steel insert + 034 upper. I might try going back to Poweflex, I did have their Stage 1 insert in my previous GTI.

Sorry for derailing. Beautiful car, glws. I’d buy it if I had the cash.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Interesting.

It’s noteworthy that you chose the Powerflex insert that fills more net space in the bushing than the metal inserts i have. I’ll bet that accounts for the improved performance in your case. Maybe the route I went wasn’t the best. Frankly not so sure why I was so hell-bent on the APR lower steel insert + 034 upper. I might try going back to Poweflex, I did have their Stage 1 insert in my previous GTI.

Sorry for derailing. Beautiful car, glws. I’d buy it if I had the cash.

If your in the Pocono area anytime soon let me know and we can go for a ride. Crazy what that insert accomplished. Noticed you’re in NE Philly.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If your in the Pocono area anytime soon let me know and we can go for a ride. Crazy what that insert accomplished. Noticed you’re in NE Philly.

Lol I was up there last weekend camping with the miss.

Damn. That’s an offer that’s tough to refuse. I’ve never been in a high powered MK7. My GTI was Uni Stage 1 Low Output so that’s the extent of it. As stated above, current car has the APR Plus 87 octane tune on the 1.8L IS12 lol... it’s not fast.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
E85 provisioning bits & pieces:
- GM/Continental Sensor
- P3 Analyzer Add-on (for the existing P3 multi-gauge)
- Dorman fuel line tie-ins w/ ear hose clamps
- Wiring harness for the sensor

I've also got the latest 5-bar MAP sensor wiring harness from @2slowvw which will be included but isn't pictured.

E85-fueling-bits.jpg

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Sale pending.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Damnnnnn I wish I had seen this when I sold my car like a month ago. This thing looks flawless. Whoever buys this is going to one happy camper. I'm kinda curious, what car do you have lined up after having this beauty?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Damnnnnn I wish I had seen this when I sold my car like a month ago. This thing looks flawless. Whoever buys this is going to one happy camper. I'm kinda curious, what car do you have lined up after having this beauty?

M4 Comp. X Kith Edition. Going to be a bit of a wait but I’m stoked.