GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Got my track tires installed on Friday. The Apex wheels look better with the tires mounted. Can’t wait to get to the track wit( these.
FDEAE8C9-3CEF-4E22-9D40-1881BB3C2FE8.jpeg
470A86B2-63E0-4C77-A838-7D10A053C367.jpeg

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
RESPECT!!

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Totally agree.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
RESPECT!!

Respect indeed.

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Vintage racing. Have been to IMSA, F1, NASCAR, Superbike, etc. but by far our favorite event every year is Lime Rock's Vintage Race weekend. Amazing cars, great racing, and fantastic people. They take cars worth megabucks and just flog them. Then they come back to the (open) pits and answer every one of your stupid questions with a smile.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Respect indeed.

LOVE, LOVE LOVE Vintage racing. Have been to IMSA, F1, NASCAR, Superbike, etc. but by far our favorite event every year is Lime Rock's Vintage Race weekend. Amazing cars, great racing, and fantastic people. They take cars worth megabucks and just flog them. Then they come back to the (open) pits and answer every one of your stupid questions with a smile.
Goodwood Member’s Meeting and the Revival are two if my favorite motorsports events of the year. Some of the best racing, vintage and otherwise, happen during those events. They flat out drive and it’s a blast to watch.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Leaving for Daytona in a few. Already had a wreck on my mountain bike this morning, so hopefully I got that out of the way.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Chose to run FK510s because forecast was 90% chance of rain right at the start of our run group. As you can see, blue sky. This is Florida, so it could downpour at any second anyway.

20210806_165748.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Spoke too soon. Formed over track out of no where.

Edit- GT350 spilled it's guts going into the bus stop, Miata and FRS get into the oil and hit tire wall. Run group delayed 20 min, then lightning delay must as we're pulling onto track. Not looking good.

Final edit. Lighting continued for about an hour. They finally called the event. 10 min later, torrential downpour. Drove hour and a half home, it's a clear beautiful evening up where I live. Florida gonna Florida.

20210806_174412.jpg

20210806_184349.jpg

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I’ve attended the Goodwood Revival and the Festival of Speed. Awesome, awesome events. Highly recommend either event. Every year sees close racing at the revival.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If I ever get back into door to door racing, it'll be vintage racing. The smart choice is 1.6l SM. The heart says find a race prepped Triumph or Alfa.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Got my track tires installed on Friday. The Apex wheels look better with the tires mounted. Can’t wait to get to the track wit( these.
GrIp PrOn :cool:

Especially interested to hear your opinion on how these work on your setup!

BTW, who is the preferred supplier of forged ball seat lug nuts? They seem to be easier to find for the P cars than for ours.

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I’m just as curious as to how the RR’s will perform. Especially steering feel and turn in.

Regarding lugnuts. I like the built in washer style Porsche lug-nuts/lug bolts. R13 style are scarce. I need to look into that again.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Folks, I need some help sourcing a driver side rear door in great condition.

Got hit by a motorcycle running a red light a month ago. Just been informed by the body shop that the rear door is more than 2-weeks out. I want to get my car put back together sooner rather than later. Willing to get a used door to speed up the repair.

Still got an oil cooler and Aux radiator to install prior to my next track event.