GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 street density mounts. Mk7R

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all just seeing if anyone would recommend these 034 engine and trans mounts as I can get them for a good price. I have seen a few posts but very 50/50 I’m sure there are many people running them with no issues, as you only tend to hear about the failures and not the success. I only want to have an upgrade from stock. I’m uk based so stage 1 BFI mounts are out the question. I like the factory look as I’m very OEM+

Many thanks.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
odd approach to recommendations. if you want someone to tell you to buy them, go for it, but there are good reasons people say to steer clear.
I've never seen anyone complain about BFI. I'm sure there are vendors who would ship to the UK.

Razgriz337

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7R
I'm running them but they went in as part of a rebuild so I was without the car for months. I'm sure they're better than stock, and I don't really have any complaints. However, I can't say how much better they are because I don't have a true back-to-back comparison for you. If you need mounts they're probably worth getting. But if you don't and just want to firm things up a little I'd maybe try something like a powerflex hybrid insert first.

I think if I could do it again I'd try the CPE or BFI Stage 1 mounts. But FWIW, NVH seems like a non-issue on the street density mounts.

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
CTS do an OEM+ solid rubber mount but got no feedback on it, I hear dubious things and failures on 034 sadly but no personal experience

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
CTS do an OEM+ solid rubber mount but got no feedback on it, I hear dubious things and failures on 034 sadly but no personal experience
Yeah seems to be hit and miss with them. I have only read and physically seen pictures of a member posing on here saying that the engine mount side snapped and went through the plastic timing cover BUT there’s always 2 sides to a story, could have been user error who knows. I believe the CPE mounts are basically the same as CTS mounts from what I’ve read up on, but no actual detailed reviews.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah seems to be hit and miss with them. I have only read and physically seen pictures of a member posing on here saying that the engine mount side snapped and went through the plastic timing cover BUT there’s always 2 sides to a story, could have been user error who knows. I believe the CPE mounts are basically the same as CTS mounts from what I’ve read up on, but no actual detailed reviews.
cp-e are a totally different design. if you want to save some money, get torque solutions, they're a knockoff of the BFI piece

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Hi all just seeing if anyone would recommend these 034 engine and trans mounts as I can get them for a good price. I have seen a few posts but very 50/50 I’m sure there are many people running them with no issues, as you only tend to hear about the failures and not the success. I only want to have an upgrade from stock. I’m uk based so stage 1 BFI mounts are out the question. I like the factory look as I’m very OEM+

Many thanks.
I've been satisfied with 034's mounts. For a daily driver, I'd take them over BFI Stg1, which I have now, or cp-e, which I returned because I couldn't stand the notice and vibration they caused.

CmlapisMK7R

I've been running the 034 Density Line Mounts in my MK7 Stage 3 Golf R for awhile including there dogbone mount inserts and arm. It made a huge difference in shifting feel without creating vibration and noise like urethane mounts. It's very OEM + without sacrificing comfort. Highly recommend buying.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
034 density line mounts and full dogbone kit - 2 years/no issues/beat on my car/track it. Some will say they are trash, some have broken them. Who knows...my guess is fwd/high power/wheel hop was the cause and these aren't your mounts if that's you.

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
I just had the 034 density line mounts put on my Golf R - the car is on 99k miles and the difference is almost amazing. Better throttle response, shifting is more direct and precise, zero extra NVH and the car rides and handles better - presumably because the engine is no longer being held by 2 marshmallows that allow it bounce up and down out of phase with the suspension anymore. Someone on another thread used the expression that when the car is on worn stock mounts its like being on a waterbed..(I've not been on a waterbed but I can imagine it being just like that, car won't settle over undulations in the road)