GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fauMkVGTI

SOLD

SOLD
  2. fauMkVGTI

Clunking noise in front end...what could it be?

My '15 R just passed the 16k mile mark so everything should still be relatively factory fresh, the car does sit on DG springs and has been on these springs for years. About 2 weeks ago I started noticing a metallic sounding clunking noise in the front when going over certain bumps in the road...
  3. fauMkVGTI

Rear wheel offset off after alignment

Got my R aligned today due to uneven wear in the front, they also aligned the rear and now that I'm back home I noticed that the rear driver side wheel pokes out while the rear passenger side wheel is tucked in nicely. The alignment sheet they gave me is within spec in the rear (green) while it...
  4. fauMkVGTI

Looking to get back into a fast Golf

After driving MKV and MKVI GTIs for years and having left the brand a few years back I'm looking to joining again. I'm approaching 40 now so looking into a used R or a new GTI Autobahn (some heavy discounts locally....one dealer is selling a 2021 demo with 1k miles for $28k). What's a fair...
  5. fauMkVGTI

Should I buy an R32?

So....one of my coworkers has a UG R32 with just 45k miles on it and recently put it up for sale asking $20k. He's in his 50's, original owner, and the car is a garage queen. I jokingly told him that I'll buy it but it's overpriced so he said I can have it for $17k. I've been out of the MkV game...
  6. fauMkVGTI

Back in a GTI

Been wanting to get back into a GTI ever since I sold my '07. I've waited for the right car and finally found it. Bought a black 2013 GTI Autobahn with all the options from an older guy that kept it in a garage since new. 19k miles for $19k. The price was a little higher than I wanted to pay...
  7. fauMkVGTI

Underwhelmed

I've sold my MKV GTI in Europe last year after shipping it there two years ago due to work. I've spent the last year riding public transportation or renting cheap Renaults or Opels if needed. Last week I came back to the States for good and today I figured I will go car shopping because living...
  8. fauMkVGTI

Took a job overseas

Got a great job offered in Europe and accepted. Looks like I'll be heading across the pond for a few years. Looking at car prices I think it's worth it to bring my GTI. Could probably almost sell it for what I paid for it new here.
  9. fauMkVGTI

Hats off to you guys in the midwest, etc.

I have to say, I don't know how you guys do it. Driving around with slammed VW's, etc. I've driven in a few Norther and Midwestern states, the most recent one being Nebraska (Omaha area) while visiting some family (wife's side). I think we encountered more potholes within the first mile than...
  10. fauMkVGTI

This guy is awesome and insane at the same time...

Guy racing his C6 ZO6 (that car is pure sex) in the rain. http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick/roadatlantainthe.html