GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Hayden

Replacement hardware for coilover install?

Will be installing coilovers for the first time next week, went with the APR coilovers. Wondering if somebody could help me with the hardware I should replace while doing the install. I found this thread -...
  2. Hayden

APR Coilovers - anybody running them?

Looking to upgrade from my H&R springs and stock struts to some coilovers. First I decided on KW V1’s then I learned about ST X. Basically decided on ST X but was hoping to wait for a sale. They’re about $920 right now. Stumbled upon APR’s clearance sale on their coilovers - $735 free...
  3. Hayden

18x8.5 ET45 + H&R springs - tire advice

Hey guys. Currently running 19” VW Pretoria’s with 235/35/19 Indy 500 tires. 20mm and 15mm spacers. Absolutely love how the car looks but it rides terrible and with 3 people in the car it rubs on big bumps. Some photos of how she sits. Anyways. I ordered a new set of wheels, 18x8.5 ET45...
  4. Hayden

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

I heard something about some MK7’s that are supposed to run off 87… to check your fuel tank etc. Checked mine, it does show 87 but also 91 underneath. From the research I’ve done, in Canada and the US you want to look at the top number, Min (R+M)/2 87. Is that correct? I’ve been running 91...
  5. Hayden

Does anybody have access to Carfax?

Hey guys, Wondering if anybody has access to an unlimited CarFax account and would be so kind to check this vin for me? JM3KFBDM5J0446931 It is for my wife's CX5 and I think it may have been resprayed before we bought it.. Appreciate the help!
  6. Hayden

Reminder to do your carbon cleaning!

Not my car, but a local Indy shop posted this on their Instagram story yesterday…the most carbon I’ve ever seen. This had 180,000km, reminder to get it done!!
  7. Hayden

Advice for brake fluid flush/bleed

Hey guys Just swapped my rotors and pads yesterday on my 2016 GTI (first brake job ever..) and it went.......OK. Took me 5.5 hours starting count from driving the car into my garage and including finding all my tools. Fronts were super easy..rears on the other hand, what an absolute bitch...
  8. Hayden

2016 Autobahn Replacement Rotors and Pads

Looking for some recommendations on replacement pads and rotors, just hit 105,000kms and would love to swap them out. I have been looking at the Centric (High Carbon) 125.33098-FRONT and 125.33131-REAR rotors on RockAuto...only question I had is that the fronts show black hats on them...rears...
  9. Hayden

Learned how to replace the windshield washer pump by mistake

Wanted to share a funny dumbass story from a few days ago. I went into walmart to grab a couple jugs of windshield washer fluid. When I got home I popped the hood and started filling it up...halfway through I thought to myself "Man this has a weird stinky smell to it". Shrugged it off thinking...
  10. Hayden

Strange issue with Fender sub

So I have been wondering why my audio in my car sounds so brutal after driving my wife’s Mazda CX-5. My GTI has the drivers assistant package with the fender audio speakers and rear sub. I was adjusting the audio levels today while listening to music and I realized that going from -9 to +9 on...
  11. Hayden

Upgrading (or replacing) Fender door speakers in 2016 GTI Autobahn

Looking for some help here. Getting a squeak/crackle in my passenger door speaker, I tend to have the volume pretty loud since I got the car. Figured it’s blown so I embarked on the research adventure and it seems very confusing. I am wanting to ideally upgrade the door speakers (likely just...
  12. Hayden

GTI Vs Golf r windshield?

Does anybody know if the R and GTI have interchangeable windshields? I am dealing with an issue on my 2016 GTI, the shop has ordered a new OEM windshield and installed into my car. Once I got it home I noticed marks all over the glass, long story short its glue stains in between the 2 layers of...
  13. Hayden

Hardwiring dashcam - Viofo A129

Looking to get some help with my dashcam hardwiring, more specifically Viofo A129 Duo. I was following this diagram for the ACC and BAT fuses and it is not working out for me. Anybody have any suggestion? This camera has a front and rear with parking recording. It seems like the ACC portion...
  14. Hayden

Rear view mirror shaking

I’ve started having this issue where on the highway (usually over 100km/h) my rear view mirror shakes like crazy. I don’t feel any shake in my steering wheel or the car itself, just in the rear view mirror. I have just recently got my tires balanced to see if that would fix the issue and no...
  15. Hayden

The classic leaking sunroof

Welp. After reading tons and tons of stories I finally caught the plague of sunroof issues, just looking for some insight here. While turning into my work parking lot today, water dripped out of the switch panel (above the rear view mirror), I popped the sunglass holder out and popped the...
  16. Hayden

One headlight high beam stuck on

Just had my drivers side headlight assembly replaced.. the body shop has done something where when the lights are on, my high beam is stuck on. My DRL’s are totally fine. I noticed that my drivers side looked a lot brighter than my passenger.. I chalked that up to my passenger bulb fading. I...
  17. Hayden

Strange flutter/flapping noise from intake

Looking for some help here. 2016 GTI autobahn 72,000 kms, manual with stock tune and clutch but running Neuspeed power module. Also have a CTS turbo intake. Couple weeks ago I was noticing those strange noise every now and then when WOT. Today I’m on a road trip of about 1000kms each way, and...
  18. Hayden

Sunroof/Headliner Squeak *Only when raining/rained*

I have searched through the forums and other sites to find somebody with a similar problem, can't seem to find anything. Right now I am dealing with the famous sunroof squeak. The only thing about mine is, it ONLY happens with it rains, or when it previously rained outside. If not, no squeek...
  19. Hayden

WTB: OEM Front lip spoiler + OEM Center grille

Hit an ice chunk that busted my Maxton v2 lip, broke my front lip spoiler and the center grille. Front lip spoiler part # : 5GM 805 915 A 9B9 (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/retainer/5gm805915a9b9/) Center grille part # : 5G0 853 677 D9B9...
  20. Hayden

MK7 GTI OEM Steering Wheel (Manual)

Looking to get rid of my OEM wheel as i got a steal and upgraded to a carbon fiber wheel. Comes with the famous xuji wheel wrap installed, have 30k KMs on the wheel, 1000 kms on the wrap, please note the red marker line isn't 100% centered. Wheel wrap can be removed easily, but I really liked...