GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tmiw

From Reddit: aftermath of MkV GTI electrical fire

Saw this last night. At least no one got hurt. :eek:
  2. tmiw

Bay Area proposes per mile tax

Don't the various turnpikes on the East Coast charge per mile and based on your vehicle? Not saying that I-5 should turn into a toll road or anything, but at least the turnpikes don't violate your privacy like this plan would (unless you have an EZpass, of course).
  3. tmiw

Bay Area proposes per mile tax

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_21095536/bay-area-drivers-could-pay-drive-each-mile Ugh. :mad:
  4. tmiw

golfmk6 server

I thought they were messing with the web filter at work again. :( All good though.
  5. tmiw

1974 VW 360 Degree Camping Trailer!

I'm not sure how I feel about the roof mount. I thought most roof racks only hold a couple hundred pounds at most?
  6. tmiw

Drunk driver Horror Stories

Man, what a dick. :( Karma will bite him eventually though. Speaking of horror stories, there was this one dude in SD who got arrested for DUI 3 times in about 3-4 days. Was in the paper and everything. I'm surprised they didn't revoke bail after the 2nd arrest. :thumbdown:
  7. tmiw

The Official Bad Roads Thread - Post Pics To See Who Has the Worst Roads

lol. Best I could do on short notice. You'll notice that the curved patch that they put in after they installed utilities or something is starting to crack. ;)
  8. tmiw

Here's an intersection near work. Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. tmiw

(Most) California freeways seem pretty decent since they use concrete instead of asphalt. But yeah, LA's roads are far worse than the rest of SoCal, by far. Probably because they were designed for x number of cars per day and now they have ten times that many (if not more!) :(
  10. tmiw

Unusual ticket in my GTI

I think it depends on the employer and how deep they want to go. The Feds would probably see it if you're getting a security clearance, for example.
  11. tmiw

Unusual ticket in my GTI

The good news is that it doesn't seem to get you on the sex offender registry according to http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/registration/offenses.aspx?lang=ENGLISH. Depends on the state though.It would probably still be embarrassing to explain to future employers etc. when they run background checks...
  12. tmiw

Unusual ticket in my GTI

Doesn't lewd conduct get you on the sex offender registry? If so, you're fucked (heh heh) if you get found guilty. :(
  13. tmiw

Build of W16

I can't even imagine what a quad turbo car is like to drive. :drool:
  14. tmiw

Your Ride is Here

:thumbup:
  15. tmiw

RHD vs. LHD

RHD goes best if you drive on the left. LHD if you drive on the right. (BTW, the US Virgin Islands drive on the left and use LHD cars just like on the mainland. Yikes.)
  16. tmiw

Women & Manual Transmissions

I drove a stick for the first time ever recently, and I definitely get the allure. In the traffic around here though day to day? Not so much.
  17. tmiw

MKVII to be built in Mexico

Passat is built in the US now too. :thumbsup:
  18. tmiw

Abandoned GTI in Dubai

Prison time leaves a stain on your record that never goes away. And there aren't that many people who will hire ex-cons, even if they've reformed and left the criminal life. I'd rather save prison for the violent people, honestly, and find punishments for the others that'll send a message but...
  19. tmiw

Abandoned GTI in Dubai

Can't declare bankruptcy there? Harsh. :(
  20. tmiw

GTI to come with a reverse camera in 2014

I've seen the OPS sensor retrofit kits on eBay before. I had a one day subscription to erwin.vw.com and ended up finding a little bit of information on at least the sensor mounting part of the install, so maybe this is something I can have a shop do some time in the future. The automatic...