GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

You ever play the game, stare into space at work, imagine what car, house, watch, firearm, trophy gf you'd get if you won the lottery? Tough decisions have to be made my friend, and I'm the man for the job!!!
  2. stevenchkim

POLE - Biggest car related DOUCHE behavior??

TLDR, came here to vote, but does Tapatalk not support polls? Is this 'murica? Edit: manual vote - people who chime in without reading all 197 pages of a thread.
  3. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

You'd get a blank stare if you said the name, and the only time that car gets revved even is when I, a valet, or Audi of Downtown LA service techs go Ferris Bueller on it. He is not concerned, nor would he ever be in a situation where it would even be a possibility, lol. Some might say he...
  4. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

I agree the forced induction Audis have huge tuning potential as highway bullies, and look dead sexy doing it. Problem I have with the Audi S/RS cars is not from personal experience but from watching u2b vids of R. Probst talking about how most Audi performance models are handicapped by the...
  5. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

No offense taken broseph. I'll pretend we hugged it out. I want to borrow the R8 again. I offered to do all windows with Llumlar Air Blue 80 (I have it on my windshield now, thinking of stripping the 50℅ Johnson Ceramic off the car and going Air Blue 80 all-around myself....) for his b-day...
  6. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

Price has been negoed to high $40s. I thin) now its a high value proposition that I am standing behind other cars were mentioned that I didn't think about, and that was my purpose here, to tap into the hive mind, but the time has comenfor brass tacks. The real world beckons. It should've...
  7. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

Yes. I've known the guy since middle school and I'm in my 40s. I like cars, and other than my other two hobbies, shopping for cars is not work, it's fun to me. I'd help with the research just bc, I'm talking to vendor's bc he's my friend before I worked for him going on 5 yrs, and since he...
  8. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

On a random interjection of thought balloon note, i used to think the Panamera was hideous. HHR, Aztek hideous. But shopping for service and seeing examples of OEM+ type mods a dealer service dept would endorse, it's growing on me. And despite the powerful engine and adjustable shocks and...
  9. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

Lol, a Jag... i guess it didnt occur to me bc I don't know anythng about em. This thread has served its purpose for me. I got the car's VIN and got its accident history, none, intalled options at time of sale, and MSRP. PoA wouldnt release the maintenance history, what they know of it. Boss...
  10. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

I just ran the e class idea. He said something that cracked me up. "50-60k is a lot of money to spend and get somethomg that I dont love..."
  11. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

When he sold the 911 last year to get the R8 I nearly cried b/c I didn't know what his plans were. This year he told me in advance what he is doing so I don't miss work over it.
  12. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

I more admire his taste in trophy arm candy. But u know what, I've never driven the Panamera S, so I don't know what the comfort mode feels like in that car. MK6 stock was too soft for me. Now I think that my KW V2s are too soft. We don't have the same goals in life. I am doing less well...
  13. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

exactly, so, wait, S550(?) is the Mrs.' daily driver. His daughter drives the C250... Boy will get the CTS-V in 2 yrs... (I think thats a bad idea but what do I know)... Edit: come to think of it, he bought the R8 and the CTS V used... (both 2 yrs after mfr). So he doesn't believe in...
  14. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

BMWs are out (he doesn't know why he doesn't like 'em, just knows he doesn't like 'em). Mercedes are ok, but no AMG (too sporty). No VWs (low rent in his opinion), the domestics are out (unless critically acclaimed); audis are out except for S or RS models, but he already has the R8... what...
  15. stevenchkim

If you had 50-70K

My boss has a 2010 Audi R8 V-10 with the shitty single clutch lambo auto-manual (I drove it a few times, it's scary bad), a 2010 Escalade (x-tra long version) and a 2011 CTS-V. A friend of his is packing it up and going back to Asia, selling his 2010 Panamera S with less than 39K miles, and...
  16. stevenchkim

Help my roommate - 12-16k car

MkV GLI or Wolsburg with the TSI 2 liter.
  17. stevenchkim

Shoenice is rolling hard today

Did I laugh? No. Did wish someone would fuck him up tho. Couldn't watch even half of the vid it was so annoying. Total douche.
  18. stevenchkim

What to do..

I like where your head is at. Hookers and blow is another way to get low without coils.
  19. stevenchkim

What to do..

Get the FKs. Don't look back. They are coils, so don't worry about the issues, dive right in and tinker with the ride height, fender screw mod, rolling fenders, whatever needs to be done. I changed ride height from 25" FTG (too high), to 24 1/4" (too low) to 24 3/4" (just right :D), rolled...
  20. stevenchkim

SO FWD IS BORING, HUH?

Wait, what? I'm praising the dude's j-turns as functional drifting (to go faster) vs pointless drifting (to go slower for style or show). Thx for posting OP.