GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Chillout

Driving profiles modification tool!

A few weeks ago, I opened up www.mqbtools.nl, which I will use to release tools I've made for our beloved MQB-based cars! The first and most useful one is the FPA editor (FPA = Fahr Profil Auswahl, which is Driving Profile Selection). You can use it to edit gateway datasets for your 3Q0 gateway...
  2. Chillout

Soundaktor firmware updates are now possible :-)

I guess the soundaktor is quite controversial... bringing fake sound to the cockpit. But some time ago, I cracked the checksum mechanisms of the soundaktor firmware, so now it's possible to flash different firmwares on your soundaktor! I'm running an Audi RS4 firmware on mine, which has a...
  3. Chillout

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

Hi all, I've made and released a toolbox for MIB2HIGH (Discover Pro). It allows you to do some cool things like: I decided to put some of my MIB2High (Discover Pro) research into a user-friendly package. This week, I've released the MIB2 Toolbox on my github page. It's a completely new set of...
  4. Chillout

Dealer torqued my wheelbolts to >200nm...what to do?

Today I wanted to put my winter wheels on, but the bolts wouldn't come loose. I was able to get 1 out with a lot of pain and sweat, and the thread seemed damaged. I checked the other bolts with my torque wrench, and it still clicked at 210nm...wtf. What to do? I am afraid the wheels have taken...
  5. Chillout

Active Info Display themes - coding spreadsheed

There are 3 coding/adaptation values responsible for the look of the Active Info Display (which is also known as Virtual Cockpit / Digital Dashboard), in module 17: - Tube version (Adaptation, 0 to F) - Display Depiction (Adaptation, Version 1 to 4) - Vehicle Variant (Long Coding, 0 to F)...
  6. Chillout

WTB: Frame for 9.2" Discover Pro MIB2, in "carbon" design

I've been looking for the dashboard trim around the 9.2 display of the MIB2.5, in this design: So far, no luck yet... The part number is 5G1819728AG, but I can only find it in gloss black or satin black: If anyone knows the number of the "carbon" one, or knows where to get one... let me...
  7. Chillout

Performance Monitor for VAG cars (work in progress)

note: I am no longer working on this app. It was fun, until it wasn't anymore. Thanks all for the great support and enthousiasm! Hi all, I'm building an app for use with Android Auto, which is capable of displaying and graphing car sensor data, without the need for an OBD2 dongle or any other...
  8. Chillout

Contest! Make a nice design, and it will be in my Android Auto app!

Hi all, As you might know, I'm building an app for Android Auto, which displays all kinds of information your car is sending to the headunit: (more info here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38177) I'm currently finalizing the first bèta version for a release, but I have to...
  9. Chillout

What data would you like to see in my Android Auto performance monitor?

Performance Monitor for Android Auto info topic Hi all, I'm building an app for use with Android Auto, that is capable of displaying car sensor data: It has a lot of data elements available. This topic has a lot of progress talk, and questions being answered. DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID...
  10. Chillout

Showing data from Torque in Android Auto on your MIB2

Hi all, Recently, I came across an app that enables Torque output to be shown in Android Auto, meaning you can display all kinds of engine information on your headunit, like this: What you need: - Discover Pro MIB2 with Android Auto - Torque Pro (Android app) - Android phone with Android...
  11. Chillout

Android developers unite!

hello everyone, Some time ago, I found out about this Android Auto plugin, that allows us to show Torque-BHP (Android App, see here) in an Android Auto view on our MIB2's like this: More info about this plugin, called OBD2AA, can be found here: XDA-developers Looking a bit further, I found...
  12. Chillout

Looking for recent Discover Pro MIB2 firmware... anyone has any sources?

Hi all, For some time I've been investigating Discover Pro MIB1's and MIB2's and found several cool things. Unfortunately, I have a really old firmware version, 0343. I was wondering... does anyone here have any newer firmware versions to share with his/her fellow MK7 drivers? Thanks in advance!
  13. Chillout

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for OEM outer rear led unit?

Hi all, Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the outer rear led units? I found a lot of diagrams for retrofitting them, changing the original harness, stuff like that, but none of them actually say: purple wire = 12V, green black wire = brake signal, or whatever. Google wasn't my friend...
  14. Chillout

My Airaid U-Build-It airintake development

Hi all, A few months ago, I made this, with a lot of flexible silicone tubing and a K&N Apollo airbox+filter: It was a quick and dirty job, and a few weeks later I improved it a little bit, removing part of the flexible part: And another iteration, but I never drove that since I was...
  15. Chillout

The EA211 (1.2TSI, 1.4TSI, 1.5TSI) engine mods reference topic(pic heavy)

This board is mainly about people with the 2.0 and 1.8T engines, and aftermarket options for the EA211 are still a bit scarse... I decided to create this topic to gather all stuff I know about the EA211 engine when it comes to modding. This post will be updated whenever there's something new to...
  16. Chillout

Here's a MK7 GTI theme for Torque (made to match the Performance Pack MIB2 interface)

Since a lot of people don't have the Performance Pack, but do want a digital boost-gauge and other functional stuff/eye candy... I decided to build a Torque theme to match the Discover Pro GTI theme and dials in Torque. Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn1wm8nphg7enuo/theme.zip?dl=0...
  17. Chillout

Discover Pro MIB1 hacking

Hi all, I'm in the process of trying to get more out of the Discover Pro MIB1, like people did with it's close cousin, the Audi MMI 3G. My ultimate goal is to enable features like Mirror Link. NOTE: If you're reading this because you found this topic while googling to have your illegaly...
  18. Chillout

GTE intake details (and possible room for improvement)

Last week I got a Golf GTE. I've driven a '08 Scirocco and '12 Beetle in the past. On the Beetle, I built a sealed cold air intake, and after reading about the GTI intake modifications here, I thought it's nice to share my findings on the GTE intake. Image 1: Overview. The engine bay is pretty...
  19. Chillout

Discover Pro - AM radio, DAB+ and Mirrorlink missing

Hi all, Last week I got a Golf GTE. It drives like a charm, but there's a thing that has been bothering me. I bought it with a "Executive Plus" package, which means there's a Discover Pro unit included with DAB+, Mirrorlink and 36 months of CarNet. The Discover Pro is there, but all of the...