GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. quailallstar

FS: OEM Pair of Blind Spot Monitoring Side View Mirror Housings w/Mirror Caps

Took these off my 2019 GTI when I upgraded to auto-folding mirrors recently. Everything works on these (mirror heating, BSM wires, etc.) Fits MK7 and MK7.5 Golf GTI, TDI, TSI, and R models. Asking for $185 shipped (within the continental U.S.) Thanks for looking! :cool:
  2. quailallstar

Arteon Style Blind Spot Mirror Cap Installation

I've been wanting to do this as well on my MK7.5 Golf GTI. Looking forward to following your project progress. :cool:
  3. quailallstar

Blown treble in rear door

Thanks! I added rear Focal TWU 1.5 tweeters w/ bass blockers and also upgraded the front a-pillar tweeters with the same, including bass blockers. Sounds so much clearer now!
  4. quailallstar

Part # request: Rear hatch interior OEM LED lamp

Thanks for the suggestions, but I really prefer to install an OEM light. However, great idea about adding a second light on the left side.
  5. quailallstar

Part # request: Rear hatch interior OEM LED lamp

Does anyone know what the new Golf 8 (some Audi's have the same lamp too) interior LED trunk light part number is? I'm looking to upgrade my MK7.5's incandescent lamp to the newer LED style and I can't track down the part number anywhere. Thanks!
  6. quailallstar

Non-Fender Tweeter Upgrade DIY

I have a 2019 GTI Rabbit (non-premium audio) and yes there are no rear tweeters in the door cards (stupid VW!) It's always bothered me that they skimped out on including rear tweeters. Because one of my a-pillar tweeters is about to die, I plan on upgrading them to the Focal TWU 1.5 w/ bass...
  7. quailallstar

Mostly OEM Audio System Hurts my Ears at 1/3 Volume

I have a 2019 GTI Rabbit (non-premium audio) and yes there are no rear tweeters in the door cards (stupid VW!) It's always bothered me that they skimped out on including rear tweeters. Because one of my a-pillar tweeters is about to die, I plan on upgrading them to the Focal TWU 1.5 w/ bass...
  8. quailallstar

Blown treble in rear door

So the 2019 GTI with base radio didn't come with rear door tweeters (cheap VW!) Does anyone know what I would need to do to get rear tweeters hooked up? The plan is to upgrade my front A-pillar speakers with Focal TWU 1.5 tweeters, so I figured I would add the missing rears as well.
  9. quailallstar

A-pillar rattle/buzz... Finally fixed!

The thread image gallery link is down. :(
  10. quailallstar

Retrofitting USB HUB (2 ports working with CarPlay/AndroidAuto/Storage)

Following this closely. Hope you can get this to work @mr-fix (fingers crossed!)
  11. quailallstar

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

Is this the same H6 AGM Duracell battery you installed? I can tell my battery is soon going to take a crap, and I am beginning to shop around for a larger replacement. I have a NAR 2019 GTI (November 24, 2018 build date) with its original battery...
  12. quailallstar

MK7.5 NAR GTI - Enable static LED AFS lights when high-beams enabled?

No, there hasn't been any traction on this. I would still like to figure this out somehow.
  13. quailallstar

Peeling chrome trim around shifter!

My 2019 GTI trim is also pealing in this same area (cut the shit out of my finger recently). In addition, the top chrome trim on the steering wheel (around the twelve-o-clock mark) trim is bubbling up. I'm at 48K miles and still under warranty. Taking the car in tomorrow in hopes they order...
  14. quailallstar

2020 GTI usb-c swap

Subscribed in hopes this can be made to work.
  15. quailallstar

Moving to the DMV area (from FL); any mod-friendly VW dealerships recomended?

I do all my own service, but it's good to know which dealerships to avoid should a warranty visit be required. Does anyone have mod-friendly dealerships in the Maryland and Virginia areas (National Capital Region) they recommend? Tuned and tons of Euro-spec mods + coding I don't want...
  16. quailallstar

Installing FEC/SWaP code to MIB with OBDeleven

How do I know if my MIB2 unit is "hacked"? I paid someone to activate the MIB2 unit two years ago when I upgraded from the standard 6.5-inch head unit the vehicle came with. If I post my part numbers/software version will that tell me if it is hacked? Is there something in the green engineering...
  17. quailallstar

WTR: VAS 5046 dongle

Looking to rent a VAS 5046 dongle so that I can activate my ACC. Please hit me up if you have one you are willing to rent out. Thank you!
  18. quailallstar

NGK RS7 Plugs and other RS7 plug options thread

Yup, I am tuned. 0.024 is what EQ Tuning recommends.
  19. quailallstar

NGK RS7 Plugs and other RS7 plug options thread

Thanks, everyone for the advice! I went ahead and ordered the NGK 91006 from Rock Auto (found a 5% off coupon). I did change the shitty Bridgstones that came with the car for Micheline Pilot Sport 4S tires (inflated to 39 PSI all around); maybe this also has to do with the drop in MPG. I've read...