GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Can a free-flowing intercooler help alleviate compressor surge?

Hello folks, I think I am barely getting WOT compressor surge around 3-4K rpm with an EQT stage 1 tune. Since I was thinking of getting a new intercooler anyway, and since most intercoolers work "about the same" when it comes to being better than stock, what if I decided based on which had the...
  2. B

New clutch: pedal feel?

Hello folks, I am a few days into a new Ringer Racing Stage 3 clutch. Unlike the old clutch, whose pedal feel was soft and linear, this new clutch feels: Soft / stock in the first half of travel Then suddenly gets very hard at the half way point The gets softer again near the floor. And of...
  3. B

How can I tell if the DCC shocks are worn?

2018 Golf R. It was a slow and gradual change, but the suspension doesn't feel like it used to. At least in "normal" DCC mode, it feels like the initial travel of the suspension seems under-damped, and then somehow extra damping kicks in mid-stroke or on bigger hits, resulting in a "harsh"...
  4. B

Which is the correct throwout bearing to use on a Sachs clutch kit?

2018 Golf R Clutch + friction: 002352.999502R DMF flywheel: Item number: 2294.001.999G Throwout bearing: Sachs website suggests: 613182.654150 (metal?) , but ECS website says it doesn't fit FCP Euro suggests: 3182600241 (plastic) I have read posts with either bearing failing after install, and...
  5. B

Should I get rear main seal replaced?

2018 Golf R Manual with 45K miles. At some point soon I will get the clutch replaced due to Stage 1. What to do about rear main seal? I think the current OEM version is 06K103171P. Is it newer than the one I already have? One mechanic said that if it looks dry, just leave it alone. Mine isn't...
  6. B

I'm also one of those "slowly losing coolant" people

2018 Golf R, almost out of warranty. I don't remember ever having to top off the coolant until last November. (Maybe during one of the car inspections / repairs along the way somebody "topped up all the fluids") Anyway I took it to the dealer, they pressure tested it and found no leaks. Oh...
  7. B

Race mode makes the gas pedal too touchy

Hello folks, I am referring to the individual setting for [shoot, I forgot "drive system"?] under the custom settings for mode that refers to the engine / gas pedal only, not suspension or other things. With the "race" setting the pedal is more responsive (less lag) than "normal" but it also...