GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Considering a new/used 3rd vehicle-has to be fun/manual/4dr

Ok, I have several I'm considering. The wife actually ok'd a 2dr, but it has to be a "muscle" car in that case. Cars I'm considering: 06-09 GLI/GTI, 04-07 Accord EX V6 6-speed sedan, 03-05 Mazda6 V6 5 speed, 2011/12 Mustang GT base, 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6 speed 4 cylinder, and possibly the...
  2. W

Sold my Mazdaspeed6

And bought my favorite redneck performance bargain, a 99 Trans Am six speed in pewter metallic with grey leather. It has 26,000 miles on it and is immaculate. I fly up to Hillsdale NJ to get it Sunday! I can't wait to start the naturally aspirated modification frenzy! I'll get it to the...
  3. W

Finally got pics of my new Speed6

After 3 weeks I finally had time and it wasn't cold outside. These aren't great, haven't been to impressed with our Casion 7.2mp p&s. I'll get some with the D70 soon. Had to take them at work yesterday, it's dark by the time I get home..... Sorry for the crappy background... It's a...
  4. W

Bought a 06 Mazdaspeed6 in white, traded the GTI today

Got tired of the other half hating the GTI and the hassle of getting my kids in and out. I bought the Mazdaspeed for less than a new 4 dr GTI and I really liked the looks much better. Good riding car, love the pearl white paint. Almost exactly the same as the GTI in a lot of ways: aluminum...
  5. W

Some serious pricks on clubsi.com...

I just read through a few threads on there and let me tell you, there are quite a few keyboard Rambos and absolute arrogant dicks over there. Wow. Some people just need to grow up.
  6. W

2000 Sentra SE

On the cheaper side of things, I've always liked SR20 powered Nissans, especially the long gone and never forgotten B13 SE-R. Any opinions on this Sentra SE with the performance package? I've done some searches and it seems Jim Wolf and Stillen are the main players for aftermarket parts. SS...
  7. W

If you decided to trade your GTI.....

Just wondering.... If you decided to..... My parameters would be: run on regular fuel (my wife goes nuts about prem), sporty and fun (if possible), manual transmission, decent stereo, quality build. Price would have to be $18,000 or less. They're selling Mazda6's for $6000 off right now...
  8. W

My goodness the white GLI's are hot!

Saw one at our VW dealer a few weeks ago and my jaw dropped. If I could have afforded an extra 2 grand, I think I would have gone the GLI route. That car rivals BMW's and other nice mid size sedans IMHO. For whatever reason though, all the tests of that car show it to be considerably slower...
  9. W

Hilarious vid

You gotta watch this dude dance. I thought it was nuts. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7846880085519204201&q=evolution+of+dance&pr=goog-sl&hl=en If it doesn't work, go to google videos and search "Evolution of dance"
  10. W

Favorite Disco songs!

I was visiting back home in Roanoke Virginia and heard one I used to love back in the day. "Disco Lady" by Johnnie Taylor. For those in to disco, what's your favorite or favorites?
  11. W

Anyone wanting to retreat to the NC mountains...

Check out this rental site www.aandwrentals.com I'm staying on Beech Mountain this weekend. Should be beautiful leaf colors and the driving is 2nd to none, although I'll be in the Mazda6 wagon, which is about as good handling vehicle you could want with kids and luggage in tow.
  12. W

Awesome snack/beer food....

I must highly recommend Snyders of Hanover Hot Buffalo Wing pieces. Those things are addictive and I got quite a few guys at work hooked on them. You gotta get a bag and see what I'm talking about.....
  13. W

So I used to have a 05 Elantra GT

It was a heckuva car for $12000. Leather, decent stereo, nice riding, decent handling. Then I just found this kit that turn that thing into a street terror. What do you think of the ultimate sleeper package? http://www.alpine-developments.us/id18.html
  14. W

Opinion from you Aud/Vis freaks....

Our 12 year old Sony 27" tv died this week. I have a 32" Toshiba downstairs that's ok. I need to replace the Sony and I'm looking at 3 different TV's. These...
  15. W

Sti's and Evo's

I see quite a few for sale on Ebay and at used car lots and was wondering if people just tire from the racyness of those cars or what. I see so many mag articles on them and how great they are but then I see them everywhere for sale. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them at all, just...
  16. W

Wanta list the cars you've had??

Are you ready for this? I'll start it: 1990 Civic Si (white) 1993 Mazda MX-3GS 1995 Dodge Neon Sport dohc 1995 Honda Civic Ex w 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix (embarrased to say)w 1996 Dodge Stratus ES 4 cyl w 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 1993 Nissan NX2000 1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 1996 Mazda 626 LX V6 w...
  17. W

2007 Honda Civic Si sedan

Just wondering if any of you European/Asian guys have been able to drive one of these yet. I am pretty much up in the air about one of these vs the GTI 5 door. I feel I will end up with the GTI just because it is a true driver's car and I loved it on both test drives. Hondas I've owned in the...
  18. W

Opinions on Mazda6 S 5 speed manual

Hey, I really want a GTI, but I think this will be a long drawn out process before my wife gives in. She has always thought GTI's are just dumb. I think because she sees it as a young kids' car. Obviously a woman's pov. We own and are very happy with our Mazda6 wagon 5M. The 06 Mazda6s...