GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Torrid

SOLD: Right MK7.5 Lighting Package headlight

I'm not sure if this is worth it to anyone, but I have the leftover passenger side lighting package LED headlight from my 2018 Autobahn. There is one crack from the deer impact and the usual crazing that the early lights had issues with. Everything works, the motor does all the proper...
  2. Torrid

Taking headlights apart

I wondered how bad it would be to replace the lenses. I was contemplating going that way until I hit a deer 2 months ago which insurance supplied me with new headlights.
  3. Torrid

What do these paddles look like?

Sorry man I thought you were the first guy that brought that up when I read it and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what his issue was. It was more of we’ve covered that. It wasn’t my question though I understand why you shared it.
  4. Torrid

You can save yourself some time and fuck off then. That's not what I asked and I didn't pay $76 anyway. I asked a question if someone knew what the design was inspired from. If you want to spend your time shitting on others then move on. No one needs your fucking bullshit.
  5. Torrid

That's helpful. They are from DSG-paddles.com. I was just trying to figure out which OEM design they were copying if they happened to be borrowed from something else. I wanted something different than the usual hollowed out design that everyone else uses.
  6. Torrid

So I just installed a set of these paddles because I like the look of them, but something looks oddly familiar. Does anyone know what car has a factory version like this? I've been searching and finding nothing. I figured they weren't just a one off design, but I could be wrong.
  7. Torrid

7.5R Infotainment system dead after battery drain and jump start.

Trust me, it's time for a new battery. That's where your finickyness is coming from. It's not worth screwing around with it. It's likely the reason why removing the negative reset everything for the time being. I was randomly stranded at the most inopportune time when my battery failed...
  8. Torrid

Guess I'll get a battery..

I went with the Autozone Duralast AGM. It's really not worth overthinking. I'd just go with a high CCA battery that fits the car. Saving weight with batteries is only going to cause problems in cold weather and drain issues if you like to use the radio without the engine running.
  9. Torrid

7.5R Infotainment system dead after battery drain and jump start.

It sounds like you need a new battery. I had many weird malfunctions and then it culminated to the car not starting 5 minutes after shutting the car off. Instead of jumping it at the time, I just went and bought a battery since I had been planning to replace it anyway. I'm almost willing to...
  10. Torrid

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

They should give @DerHase a kicker for his research. When I do need a PCV replacement I might as well go for the upgrade and the kit really takes the guesswork out of it. Nevermind with these numbers.
  11. Torrid

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

I'll be keeping an eye on this oil issue. I have the Racingline oil cap and the upgraded red and green seals that are available online. If I see any other oil I think I'll do the MK8 upgrade. I can't say because I hit a deer less than a week after replacing the cap and I did not see any other...
  12. Torrid

I think that’s a big issue with these products being offered. They claim to fix an issue, but detrimental to primarily street driven vehicles. I was surprised how many street cars I was able to find videos of people installing these products. I’m still waiting for my car out of the shop so...
  13. Torrid

Yeah, I don't think the piggyback ones that retain the stock PCV is the answer. I've seen based on your data that the valve can't cope with the extra airspace. I wonder about the plate style PCV deletes. I was looking at the Racingline setup because I love their attention to detail on...
  14. Torrid

That was the biggest thing I was wondering. How it is when it isn't pushed. I greatly appreciate your time to respond. I think where I have arrived is just preemptively replacing the stock PCV with a new one. I have 55k miles and it may just be cheap insurance. I'm horrible about over...
  15. Torrid

@DerHase Aftermarket PCV replacement? Am I missing something here or are you familiar with this one? It's certainly pricey, but are there any benefits here? I do have concerns with the catch can setup. I stumbled across thing thing from a Humble Mechanic video...
  16. Torrid

I fought the deer and the deer won.

Looks like she'll need two new headlights, possibly a new fog light, hood, fender, front bumper, fog light strakes, and a new radiator. The radiator was letting off some steam pretty consistently while running after the hit. Seems to be spraying on the serpentine belt too because I could smell...
  17. Torrid

Dead Teslas

I heard a lot of them were rentals too, so the chance of a non owner renting exacerbates the problem. I have one and have had only positive experiences, but I knew what I was getting into and I also don't live in a heavily populated area where I've ever had to wait for a charger. Most of the...
  18. Torrid

I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread to as I continue into mod on the car. I'm not going too crazy. I can't see a reason so far to go beyond stage 1, but I've thought of going with an upgraded intercooler if I hit any heat soak, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm beyond what the tires can...
  19. Torrid

Is there benefit to going to the MK8 setup on a generally street driven setup? I ask only because if it needs replaced at some point other than the one time cost of the new pipe and plug, do you see it as a worthwhile upgrade. I have a stage 1 car occasionally driven as a hooligan, but I...