GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

In process: Alibaba GTI build

I’ve ordered a replacement oil cooler w/ new gaskets and also the plastic water pump-oil cooler connector.. When I first started the engine, I disconnected fuel and spark, and cranked the engine over several times to get oil flowing. Besides that I didn’t do any pre filling ~
  2. M

Quick update: Yesterday the engine threw a warning for low coolant out of nowhere on my way to re fuel, so I stopped and checked out the reservoir and sure enough I noticed a few small milky brown globs. Topped her off, and started right up completely fine as usual, without any noticeable smoke...
  3. M

Driver’s side axle

Idk man I’ve read differently. But I don’t mind replacing them for peace of mind as they’re cheap ~
  4. M

Hard to see with the intake box in the way, but it looks to be there. Everything that was on the old engine was swapped over to the new one.. I can take a closer look with the intake box removed later ~
  5. M

I never bothered with the issue because I live in south Texas and in a county where emission checks are not required lol. But I’d have to double check on the SAI thing. Can you show me a picture of where you’re looking at on the head? I’m pretty sure my car has it, as I can hear the thing on...
  6. M

Driver’s side axle

So I’m not sure how exactly my axle went, however I lost two of the three plates/washers and their associated bolts when the axle lost connection to the transmission (I think the inner axle bolts backed out because I had re used them when I assembled everything together). There was some...
  7. M

Driver’s side axle

Anyone ever replaced the driver’s side axle without these ‘plates’ and not run into any issues down the line? My axle went and I replaced it with the AutoZone special which came with 6 new inner axle bolts and 1 new outer bolt..but didn’t come with those 3 plate things. I have some ordered...
  8. M

I’d start with sending them your VIN and they’ll check for you
  9. M

Highly doubt I’ll get anything in return but I wonder what they’ll say lol. I bought an engine from Zhongi Power which I am running in my car now. I bought another from Shanhe to build ~ That should work then man. Pull the trigger, get your car back up and running 💪
  10. M

Give them your VIN they’ll tell you And tell them I referred you plz..”the guy from Texas” I want my free engine damnit 😂
  11. M

Nice, time to build that!
  12. M

GTI Struggles to start up

How’d it go, did you figure it out?
  13. M

GTI Struggles to start up

I’d def check battery terminals make sure they’re not corroded first. If they’re old I’d swap em out for new ones (cheap fix, good maintenance). I’d check if battery is good of course as well. Sounds like relay is clicking/working..Id suspect not enough power getting to starter to crank over if...
  14. M

Throttle Delay

Yeah man hard to say. I’d personally check that the throttle body isn’t clogged/stuck..wouldn’t have much else to add short of sending your car to a shop unless someone else has any other ideas ~
  15. M

Please do lol. I wanted to get those Hench Performance pistons/rods to put in the engine I have coming now but I couldn’t justify paying for an extra set of piston/rods when I already have some here waiting to be used
  16. M

Throttle Delay

That sounds about right..make sure the fluid reservoir is always filled during the process 👍
  17. M

Throttle Delay

Hard to say man, but if you wanna save a few bucks definitely try bleeding the system first and see if that does anything especially if you’re suspecting any clutch-related issues
  18. M

Throttle Delay

Sorry to hear that you’re having those issues. Going through the basic things first, make sure you’re clutch fluid reservoir is filled. The brake and clutch system share the same hydraulic fluid reservoir in the engine bay. Consider bleeding the clutch line while you’re at it as well. There...
  19. M

Throttle Delay

@SmoothCat565 keep us updated..I’m curious what the issue is 👍
  20. M

*except for AliEx engines 😆 Well, actually time will tell. It’s been holding up pretty good so far though. My previous engine was burning ~1qt of oil every 200ish miles so I should’ve known better before I went hybrid/E85. This engine hasn’t had any oil consumption issues that I’ve noticed...