GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

New tyre questions

The right thing to do is all 4. However, I would personally swap just 2 and keep the old ones in the front.
  2. E

Maximum allowed change in wheel circumference

ET45. No rubbing or whatsoever. But looks like shit as the rear is really much higher than front. Today again ACC stopped working almost immediately. Lane assistance too but that just saves me the trouble of disabling it.
  3. E

I found the limit for a Passat. I have 235/45R19 front and 255/55R19 rear. ESP, ABS and everything works fine, except ACC. Most likely the camera is too much off. Also the lights should be adjusted. This is temporary so I’ll just drive.
  4. E

Combining rear deadset kit with rear subframe inserts....possible?

I would swap my solid mounted subframe to one with bushes.....
  5. E

I'm afraid I don't know the answer. My guess is somewhere 5-10%. May I ask out of curiosity what you plan? I don't see any advantage is staggering the diameters, especially in a FWD car. Different width can be compensated by aspect ratio if needed.
  6. E

If you want different diameter front and rear it changes a bit. The ABS and ESP can cope with some difference. I don't remember the biggest I've had in Golf 7 though. In my old Alhambra I had almost 10%. However, if you have AWD, it will think the smaller tire spins faster and change the AWD...
  7. E

This is more a legal issue where you live. I'm running tires ~7% bigger than stock as it's allowed here. 3.5% is no problem for rubbing and the speedo will just get more accurate.
  8. E

16” Big-Small Brake Kit (LOL)

I have some Mercedes wheels. Not currently on my VW but I used them. SLK R170 7x15. They are under 11 lbs. Would be good for a superlight project. I guess they can still be found on ebay. Same design is also available in 16" and I recall they were for CLK.
  9. E

What speed index t choose for my mk7

It's really a matter of you local rules. By us speed ratings don't matter. The logic is that highest speed limit is 120 km/h and all tires are okay for much more. Then in Germany you need to have tires matching your top speed. Winter tires may have a lower rating and then you have a sticker in...
  10. E

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Short report on these aero covers. I just installed them both front and rear on my e-Golf. Front didn't fit well as reported. But they fit good enough anyway and wasn't hard. I did a baseline noise test just before installing and a test with them about 30 minutes later. Some place. Same...
  11. E

Are there any plug and play amp upgrades?

There are at least 2 p&p upgrades. Match PP Audison Prima I have the later and I found it great bang for buck. "Easy" to install. You still have to get the cables positioned but the connectors fit the stock harness. No cutting and soldering. They have some options with 4-9 channels. I have the...
  12. E

Bilstein b6 damptronic

Indeed. That's why they are called anti-roll bars.
  13. E

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Dave. The GPS are actually quite good. At least what we have here. If yours is "out" it might be time to update. Momentarily they can be off but average over a reasonable time is good. I also use professional measurement equipment (VBOX) for work and they confirm even iPhone GPS is okay for...
  14. E

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

It's definitely not by accident. And the speedo is now more accurate than stock. Most VW's are ~6% off. Bigger tires (diameter - not width), mean more comfort and better rolling resistance. For the previous cars longer gear ratios also improving fuel consumption. Electric doesn't make a...
  15. E

If I would be sure the noise would be reduced. I'd do this for sure. But if it doesn't help much it's a real bugger. After all it ivolves some money and a lot of work. I don't really care about comfort (vibrations) as the car is already extremely comfortable. Due to the low center of gravity the...
  16. E

I don’t have a std Golf here to compare. But I have quite a lot of space above the subframe. No idea if it’s enough
  17. E

I agree. And it also makes sense. Looking at more pics, it really looks like the AWD subframe could be an easy swap to the FWD cars. The attachment points are definitely the same. It also seems the control arms are the same. Anyone having better knowledge about this?
  18. E

The AWD has the subframe attached with bushings. Much more effective for NVH than a simple damper.
  19. E

I googled the Passat subframe. Indeed, that's the way it should be made. It wouldn't actually be too difficult modifying the stock to Passat style bushings. There are many makers for rear subframes, but all for racing. Would be nice if some would make an option to make it comfortable. Googled...
  20. E

Not only is the e-Golf substantially heavier but the rear axle weight is close to double to a normal 1.5 Golf. Being under the car and seeing the subframe I cannot understand why it isn't attached to the body with bushings. At least it looked like bolted solid. I'm very tempted to try some...