GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

I talked to my local Seat dealer. They said that F was replaced with N in 2019.
  2. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

Great thanks. I saw one table over att Cupra net mentioning that all some Cupra models including the 2016 version have the N. But it feels pretty unlikely that the Cupra got it before the R. "DKZA, CJXC,CJXH, CJXG,DNUE, DNUC Cupra engine codes use WHT 000 033 N thrust bearings." The quote is...
  3. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

Well if I'm in Bahamas, it's pretty likely to happen. So a Cupra 290 from 2016 have the F washers? Where can I read more about the exact models etc.
  4. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

Tjenare Crille. RolfG ~ GolfR Thanks, will look into that. I still think it's weird that I haven't heard any talk about this issue on Cupras. Most hatch Cupras are manual here in Swedenstan. Do we know when they changed to N washers for the Golf R/Cupra?
  5. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

Someone mentioned that all Cupras have the N part. Even for 2016 models. Is this correct? So perhaps the Cupra is not affected
  6. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

This forum is nuts. I think my question have been answered. A tuned manual is not the car for me. A DSG Cupra ST it shall be.
  7. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

Yeah, perhaps. It could be that cyclic load that causes this issue (fatigue). This could cause failure even under the theoretical max load. But I know to little about the actual load the transmission causes to say anything tbh. But in general fatigue (caused by a cyclic load) is a common cause...
  8. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

You are right. It's hard to tell what the cause is. One thing is for sure, I can't tell my wife to do all this things when she's driving. Even though the risk seems pretty small I will probably worry to much. It's a bit like the crank hub issue on the S55 engine when tuning. Just a guess from...
  9. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

I'm in Swedanstan so you never know. If you buy, lets say a Sachs 550nm. I guess the pressure must be a bit higher then a stock clutch and therefore increasing the risk slightly? Have we seen anyone running that specific clutch failing?
  10. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

So to sum it up, should I be worried to run a Golf R or Cupra 290, tuned as a daily/family car all year around?
  11. R

Crank walk on Golf R?

I'm looking to buy a Golf R or Cupra ST with a manual. I will tune it to stage 1 so I will probably need a new clutch. I have read about crank walk. Do the Golf R and GTI have the same thrust bearing and is this issue as likely (or unlikey) to happen to both versions of the EA888?