GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Just an update: I did go in and retighten the end links this weekend, and some of the nuts were probably not as tight as they should have been. Pushing the shifter in the opposite direction before shifting into neutral did seem to help a little, there was less resistance. Something I found out...
  2. J

I haven't ever had it happen with the ignition off, only ever with the engine running and the car moving. As far as looking at the transmission, is there anything specifically you had in mind? Honestly don't know what I should look for other than any obvious obstructions that don't belong there...
  3. J

I'll recheck everything later this week when I have a day off work. Nothing else has changed on the driveline, and the shifter feels fine going through the gears normally, it just sometimes has that issue. I used the DAP installation video to install and align the shifter. From their video...
  4. J

Should I be concerned that my shifter will occasionally give a harsh vibration when going into neutral? 2018 6MT gti. It has happened a few times before, where I'll be in gear and coming to a stop, press the clutch fully in and then shift into neutral, but it seems like there's a resistance and...
  5. J

Squealing noise during WOT pull.

Wondering if you've figured anything else out on this? Have you logged or monitored expected boost vs actual boost? I also thought I had a boost leak and monitored those but they matched up well enough.
  6. J

WTS BFI Shift knobs (auto and manual) SOLD SOLD SOLD

Gotcha that's what I was thinking. If it's still available I'll buy it!
  7. J

WTS BFI Shift knobs (auto and manual) SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi, I'm interested in the black knob for MT. The black adapter seems much shorter than the silver one, so I'm assuming the knob sits a couple inches lower than the stock shifter? Do you have any pics of it installed?
  8. J

I do have a unitronic ic, and it is close to the belt in a couple places, but the belt looks fine. Doesnt look like there is any wear or marks on it from rubbing anywhere
  9. J

Well here's the update after running some errands and doing a few pulls on the way.... Squeak is still there on wot pulls. Only seems to happen either when I start the pull or at the end when I let off... need to do some more testing I guess to narrow it down
  10. J

This connection is the worst looking in terms of coolant getting on it. Was a bitch to get the clamp and hose off but the inside doesn't look bad (to me).
  11. J

Yeah I thought about that and it's probably been longer. I did change 2k ago but the majority of the coolant is behind where the liner is so I wouldn't have seen it. Either way I didn't do the IC too long ago and I didnt notice it so yeah I need to get on that
  12. J

These guys right? Everything looks and feels tight but I'm loosening and reseating all the clamps right now
  13. J

That's what I was thinking.... coolant does have a slow leak. Wanted to double check haha. On to the intercooler piping
  14. J

Well the first thing I noticed when I took the belly lining or whatever it's called off was all this buildup on and around my oil pan... this was not there 2k miles ago when I did my oil.... any ideas what this is?
  15. J

Lmao I am going to check my intercooler hoses today, since i have the same sound and i replaced my intercooler a few months back. I'll let you guys know how it goes
  16. J

I have basically the same exact issue and have been looking into it. Only happens during WOT pulls and sounds like tires squealing initially. I found several posts making me believe it's the diverter valve just venting excess air out... most posts are old and any video links I can find here are...
  17. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I did the same thing a few days ago. Only difference is Baun DP. Man this tune feels 100x better than the Cobb OTS tune. Also just replaced factory plugs with Ruth's after 40k miles and changed my cabin air filter. Might take a trip up to the mountains today....
  18. J

Thank you Diggs I went with them mostly from your own posts lol.
  19. J

So I just bought some spark plugs - NGK ruth's as I saw them recommended by a lot of people here. I bought a wire spark plug gap tool, and the closest measurement to the recommended .024" on it is .025" ....I've never gapped my own plugs before but I'm assuming that .001" isn't going to harm...
  20. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Finally installed the Unitronic intercooler that's been sitting in my garage for almost 4 months. Temperatures near Atlanta are basically in the 90s now so I really needed to just do it. I was expecting the install to take all day honestly, maybe 8-10 hours if nothing went wrong. I knocked it...