GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Autotech HPFP failed?

Over the weekend my car died while I was driving it. At first the idle was terrible and it had no power. I pulled over into the median and it stalled. The car would crank over but never fire. crazy enough, no CEL turned on. I ended up having to push my car off the road. Thankfully someone was...
  2. B

Superpro lower control arms with added caster - Alignment concerns

I just installed Superpro control arms with positive caster and Racingline lowering springs. I got an alignment done and I'm concerned something might be wrong. I got the sheet back from the shop and the caster on the left is off by .6 degrees compared to the right. Also noticed the car was...
  3. B

Ticking noise from headliner

Ever since I bought this car two years ago I've been noticing a random ticking noise coming from the headliner that has been driving me crazy. I pretty much fixed all the interior rattles except this one. I have the sunroof and it appears to be coming from the area between the sunroof and the...
  4. B

DCC Strut replacement options

So I just picked up some Racingline lowering springs used for cheap. I can't wait to get rid of those nasty wheel gaps. I was going to install them on my stock shocks and struts and do the DCC recalibration via OBD11. I'm considering replacing the shocks on my car since it has 75k miles on it...
  5. B

My GTI was rear ended...

A couple of weeks ago my GTI was rear-ended. I was hit by a POS 1998 Dodge ram 1500. This was literally a day after I installed my new rims and tires. My OEM facelift taillights survived but the tailgate has some pretty big dents in the back. The rear bumper is trashed. I'm not sure what it...
  6. B

Creaking/Popping noise when accelerating

I have been noticing a creaking/popping noise that happens when I accelerate. It also makes a noise when I put the car in park after releasing the brake. It sounds like a bushing is rubbing/creaking. I could recreate the issue by rocking my car back and forth while it's in park. I think the...
  7. B

TPMS question

Today I was driving home and my TPMS light turn on. I verified all tires are at 37psi when I got home and clicked set on the screen and the light turned off. I did have my tires rotated the other day so that might have been the issue. Is it posible to see the tire pressure on the radio screen or...
  8. B

Looking for a custom fit subwoofer - MK7 GTI

I recently purchased a 2016 GTI Autobahn. The fender sounds system is pretty good except for the subwoofer. It either sounds really good or really bad depending on the music I play. I tried stuffing the subwoofer with polyfill but It didn't make much of a difference in my opinion. I was hoping...
  9. B

Can I have the dealer reset my car back to OEM settings - Delete previous owner OBDEleven mods

I bought a 2016 Golf GTI Autobahn recently and I love it. One thing I really don't like is how the doors lock as soon as I step away from the car. From my research, it appears the previous owner must have coded that in with an OBDEleven. Can I take it to VW dealer and have them revert the...