GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Any feedback on Bridgestone Potenza S005 UHP Summer Tires - 235/35-R19

I found a slightly used set for sale that came off of a 2024 R but can’t find any feedback on them. Any one have any experience with these. The seller is local to me and he’s asking $575. I will likely need new tires soon and am running stock Contis on my Pretoria’s.
  2. G

RX Turbo RX500

I saw a new one has popped up in the for sale section. Does anyone have any feedback or reviews on this turbo? Looking to get into at least low 400s to the wheels, on 93, with upgraded HPFP. Don’t think I would be looking to get into more fueling mods.
  3. G

Anyone in NJ using Delta 93 for their gas?

I normally use Shell, but it’s .65 more a gallon. There are 2 Deltas in my town and they are closer and cheaper. I am running an EQT Stage 2 93 octane tune fyi. Any feedback on their fuel. I’m thinking they would be fine though.
  4. G

Went Stage 2, Changed Plugs, how are the old plugs?

So I went stage 2 about 2 weeks ago and was still running my Ruth plugs. Decided to put back my RS7 plugs which only had about 3k miles on them. The Ruth’s has been in for a little over a year and less than 10k miles. Plugs 1 and 3 looked ok but 2 and 4 looked not so good to me, especially 2...
  5. G

ARM front mount Intercooler vs. EBay Twintercooler

So I have decided on choosing one of these, since they are within my price range. Apparently ARM now offers piping to make theirs a twintercooler as well. Planning on going stage 2 at the end of the summer and larger turbo next year. Any feedback between these 2 would be appreciated especially...
  6. G

Any Jersey folks pass inspection with an aftermarket downpipe?

I have an ARM catted downpipe in the garage and I have a Urotuning sensor spacer as well. Just wondering if anyone has had issues passing inspection with one installed if no CEL is on. My inspection is due in June, so I may just wait, but was wondering.
  7. G

Can I pass NJ Inspection?

This is actually on my sons 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg. He got a code P0491 for secondary air injection insuficiente flow. I cleared the code and drove it 10 miles and OBDeleven is showing me the attached photos on readiness. Do they all have to show completed successfully?
  8. G

DSG delay when shifting into D

Hey everyone, my 2018 GTI SE has experienced this a couple of times. It has approximately 37,500 miles. I may reverse and put it into drive, give it some throttle, and the engine just revs and then catches, at least 3 times over the past couple of months. Haven’t noticed it happening from...
  9. G

Creak when turning steering wheel

Not sure what this sound is or if it was there before lowering it, running Neuspeed sport springs, stock shocks and struts 19” Pretorias, with 15mm spacers up front. I first noticed it before the Pretorias and spacers. Not sure if it was there before lowering though.
  10. G

WTB Pretoria’s in Northern NJ

I am debating on Englishtowns or 19” Pretoria’s. I can find plenty of Englishtowns but no Pretoria’s with tires. Anyone know of any for sale in or near Bergen County?
  11. G

Manual mode turns off automatically while in D and upshifts

I went out for a nice drive and was using manual shifting while in D and it would just switch off automatically after about 20-30 seconds. I tried it multiple times and tried turning it on and off in different gears. No matter the RPM it would just go back to D and upshift. When I moved the...
  12. G

EQT Stage 1 GTI feels slower with RS7 Sparkplugs?

I tuned my car with the EQT stage 1 for 93 octane. I switched the plugs to the NGK RS7 plugs 91006, 1 step colder and gapped them to .024. After the switch, the car feels less punchy, as if it’s not accelerating as hard as with the plugs I replaced. Anyone else experience this? The plugs I...
  13. G

JB4 Group 2 with Bluetooth

SOLD I had this on my car for maybe 2000 miles, got it in September and then removed in November when I got my EQT stage 1 tune. All the connectors are working and it does what it should. I am asking $250 shipped in the US. If you are in NJ, you can come check it out in person. Let me know if...
  14. G

Recommendations for Shop to Install Lowering Springs Near Bergen County Nj

So I just got some Neuspeed Sport Springs for 2018 GTI SE. I am not getting them installed for at least a month or two but am looking into shops to do the install. So far I have reached out to Eurotech ($700 with alignment) in Mahwah and Caste ($650 with no alignment) in Norwood. I am going to...
  15. G

Scheduled Maintenance in Northeast NJ

I got my used GTI back in July, put on about 4K miles since then and want to have a routine service done. I do have some mods, intake, inlet pipe, catback and JB4 (getting Cobb with EQT shortly). Any recommendations for service since I still have warranty, for now anyway. Couple of dealers...
  16. G

EQT Stage 1 Tune, Cobb AP Options

I have some questions regarding the options offered by EQT and whether or not I should choose them, and whether or not they can be switched off and on. My GTI is a 2018 SE with DSG. I am planning on going with the EQT Stage 1 with TCU tune as well. The auto up shift and kick down seems like it...