GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Fourflys

GTI to Golf R?

if buying new, sure... but similar to many other higher end cars, buying used appears to be a no-brainer for the GTI camp... let someone else take the depreciation!
  2. Fourflys

2018 Ind Grey DSG Golf r 34k obo

surprised this is still here! Great looking car with super low miles... GLWS!
  3. Fourflys

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

so a quick search on AutoTrader doesn't show any of the Blues being the Cornflower Blue, just the dark blue... there were a few that didn't have a picture, so could be one or two there
  4. Fourflys

DSG or Manual

reading the last page or two of comments certainly makes me glad I got the DSG... since this will be a commuting car, it just makes sense... especially if the manual is just so-so. Now, in something like a Miata or S2000, it is really hard to beat the manual shifting in those cars! I'd say they...
  5. Fourflys

DSG or Manual

too true...
  6. Fourflys

DSG or Manual

What, what? If I'm going to drop enough money to purchase a car, you better believe I'm going to test drive it! I can understand a dealer not letting someone come in and test drive within the first 5 minutes maybe, but... Plus, while the R is an awesome car, it's far from the most powerful car...
  7. Fourflys

'21 GTI Impressions, Hits, & Misses

I love the look of the plaid, but two things that make me glad I didn't get it... 1. after a long day of mtn or road bike riding/hiking, I hate getting back in a cloth car because of sweat/etc that gets in the cloth (even after changing shirts, etc)... plus if you keep a car long enough, you...
  8. Fourflys

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

but it's all about what your time is worth and how much more time/frustration they want to spend tracking down a car across the country... I could have waited to find my current car and maybe gotten a better deal, but the car I got fit exactly what I wanted (and then some I didn't know I wanted)...
  9. Fourflys

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Just ordered, was it just a "pop the old one out and pop the new one in" install?
  10. Fourflys

"+ Cargo cover storage under the trunk floor. - It takes 1500 tries to get the cargo cover to fit in it's storage space under the trunk floor." So I was just out playing with my cargo cover since I read this and realized the following that might make it easier to get the cover to fit in. There...
  11. Fourflys

sweet, I've been wondering what I was going to do with my cargo cover when I move this summer and need the cargo space. Thanks!
  12. Fourflys

"Cargo cover storage under the trunk floor" Is across the Mk7 years I wonder? I have a 2016 and an interested in seeing if mine has this option...
  13. Fourflys

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I got my SeaSucker on the way!
  14. Fourflys

One screen says Sport, the other says Normal?

jimlloyd40- Just realized something on the way home that could help the OP out as well... and could be what you were getting at as well in your first response to me. If you have the driver profile in Sport and shifter in Sport when you shut your car off, the car will still be in the Sport...
  15. Fourflys

Seriously, TLDR? Your reply was much longer than my post above it... wow... appreciate all the other helpful responses.
  16. Fourflys

Appreciate the sarcastic tone of your post here... yes, I realize changing the setting with the button changes more than just pulling the stick back, that wasn’t my question. My point was your statement that Sport mode doesn’t change the fuel consumption, which is incorrect as I read your...
  17. Fourflys

but doesn't the Sport Driver Profile do the same thing as pulling the shifter down into sport as it pertains to the transmission/throttle settings? Really not trying to be argumentative, just what I see my car doing as far as the RPMs go...
  18. Fourflys

Aftermarket "wireless" CarPlay

Is the unit small enough to fit in the cubby with the door closed while plugged in? It would be kind of annoying if I had to have the door open all the time... thanks
  19. Fourflys

Not sure on the not any worse gas milage driving in sport all the time comment... (I could be totally wrong BTW) the reason I say this is because if I put my 2016 DSG in sport, the RPMs jump up a few hundred (can't remember how many). It certainly makes the throttle quicker in responding to...