GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ECNMY R

Anyone trade their mk7 for something more comfortable?

Yes, when I put KWs on it and made it feel like a car worth twice as much
  2. ECNMY R

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got on the horn with a vendor. Ordered the new Unitronic downpipe in Nov through [website], Unitronic sent a Mk8 one. Got a return label, Unitronic received it back but never sent the correct one, and no response to emails from [website] for 2+ weeks. Call them up, things get shouty, they put me...
  3. ECNMY R

Show us your MK7

Thanks. Primary reason is the RS3 is my wife's daily and our road trip car, but also, aside from the sound and power, I don't love it dynamically or ergonomically. I love the R, and since the KWs especially, it's a worthy companion to the 718.
  4. ECNMY R

Show us your MK7

Here's the squad. The Golf now has a Vortex XL and MPI/LPFP, tuned by EQT on ethanol, around 600hp. RS3's on DS1 and ethanol, just an intercooler, similar power to the Golf. Cayman has a Kline cat-back and M-Engineering tune (DS1's sister company), probably 450hp. 1600+ horsepower in 15...
  5. ECNMY R

BFI Stage 1 mounts, R600 intake, MST pipe/inlet, ECS shifter bushings and bleeder block. Stock mounts were shot at 42k after being tuned since 4k, and combined with a Powerflex hybrid insert, it was a sloppy mess. So bad that I'd get vibration through the pedal on braking. Clutch pedal felt...
  6. ECNMY R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

No, Deutsche Auto Parts. Ordered 9/20, they said 60-90 days. I'm excited for them, they're like the ultimate VW nerd part. Engineered for a low volume special model not sold in the US, that held a Nürburgring FWD record? Come on. It's the kind of part that, when you look at the car, you can...
  7. ECNMY R

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

PR fuel rail, going Vortex XL and MPI. Weird part was the UPS driver handed the box to me and, in what seemed to be an extremely rueful way, said "Good luck puttin' those on." Like damn bro, we've all heard tales about PR stuff but what do you know? He saw the Golf in the driveway, maybe he...
  8. ECNMY R

Why can't I get rid of this car?

Not just you, my friend, the Mk7 is a masterpiece. I had to get a 718 to find a dynamic upgrade, and I kept the R because it's still fun as hell in its own way. Also one of the most attractive designs on the road at any price. 5.5 years and 42k miles, lots more mods planned. It isn't going...
  9. ECNMY R

Blue tartan Golf R interior idea

Hey guys, can't get the idea out of my head of having an upholsterer do the front/rear seat centers and maybe door panels in this stuff. Anyone seen it done or think it's doable? Cost isn't a big concern, just don't know if a good aftermarket job would hold up to daily use.
  10. ECNMY R

Show us your MK7

Canon R10
  11. ECNMY R

4 Liter Theater! "She called my vanity license plate inscrutable!"
  12. ECNMY R

KW DDC! May do a dedicated post about these after more miles, but early returns (200 miles) are phenomenal. I don't want to oversell it, but this car now happily sits alongside the 718 with Sport PASM. The ride is incredible, the modes all distinct and set up beautifully. Front-end grip is...
  13. ECNMY R

Show us your MK7

Went to take out the trash and noticed the sky looked cool. iPhone 14 Pro Max.
  14. ECNMY R

Got in it to discover I'd left it unlocked overnight and some junkies stole my COBB Accessport. Luckily I still have the pre-EPA crackdown EQT Stage 2 tune on my computer. Is there any reason to contact COBB about the stolen one? Can I just pay for a new one and be good to go? Will this old...
  15. ECNMY R

Show us your MK7

5 years and 40,000 miles with the Golf today. I take a lot of pictures of it, here are a few recent favs. Top photo is with a Canon R10, rest are iPhone 13 Pro Max.
  16. ECNMY R

This is great, thank you! Merry Christmas!
  17. ECNMY R

Took it for a quick road trip to Monterey, and hit 17-Mile-Drive for some sunset shots. Love this car so much I could write poetry about it.
  18. ECNMY R

Show us your MK7

19. ECNMY R

Got my first maintenance warning light after 4.5 years and 38k miles: BRAKE WEAR. Anyone know how many miles of cushion I should have left? Figure it can wait till the 40k service. Have some iSweep pads waiting to go on, not expecting it to need rotors. Never tracked, lots of highway miles.
  20. ECNMY R

Show Me Your Best Cell Phone Pics

Here's the new whip with the Golf in the background. My two-car solution.