GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Haha another SD MK7!!! You're looking at a reliable 400 hp at the wheels with nothing to really worry about. They did mention they expect to have flash at home by the year's end. It still doesn't have CARB certification, which is why I haven't got it myself, but after driving another member's...
  2. G

Will roll center adjusting balljoints adversely affect my stock height suspension?

Bumping for attention; have the same question too! I think the Eurosport’s might just be the easiest solution
  3. G

Is Unitronic Stage 1 / 1+ right for me?

Another vote here for APR low torque. Despite all the concerns about timing and boost, plenty of people have been running their tunes up to 200k with out any systemic issues. They revised their tune in 2020 with a whole host of tech that they document on their Stage 1 V2x post if you search...
  4. G

Front End Suspension Upgrades

Out of curiosity as a low to no NVH option compared to strut top mounts. Not a shill for 034 but i ran their upper/lower insert kit for a year and it ok miles with no problems. Got more NVH with the PF Hybrid.
  5. G

My guess here but I’m thinking APR, seeking CARB EO for regulatory compliance, would rather push their better performing in house turbo rather than the IS38.
  6. G

Whooped by a Coyote 5.0 Mustang…

Tom/APR1 made an aside that he “threw out” a 10.8 60-130 time as an outlier but never posted (as far as I have seen) a time of this own outside of a 1/4 mile. Seeing your numbers being achieved with such cold temperatures I’m wondering what he was running in that humid Alabama weather.
  7. G

Front End Suspension Upgrades

Would the 034 ball joints have any negative effects on a stock ride height car?
  8. G

Whooped by a Coyote 5.0 Mustang…

It seems to me the performance of the DTR, at least in your 60-130 measures are very temperature dependent…which is weird because its track performance is solid.
  9. G

Poll: What year of MK 7–7.5 is your favorite, and why?

The 2019 is the best year of GTI. Last year of Great Falls Green as a color option, VW brought back the red GTI badges; and the performance pack was finally standard on all trims.
  10. G

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

1. I don’t think so 2.yes! 3. 100% plug and play. I don’t have any scanning tools to determine if the car has any faults. Nothing extra besides what is provided is needed 4. Yes. In fact, unlike the Ed’s lights, the adjustments are identical to OEM 5. No 6. No the DRL will turn off when the...
  11. G

Having drove APR DTR (DSG), Stage 1 High Torque (DSG), and Stage 1 Low Torque (6MT), the power curve is identical to the low torque in its delivery until 5000 rpm, where the DTR has a smooth but rapid surge to redline. Stage 1 LT/ DTR turns replaces the shove with a linear surge until redline...
  12. G

Well before we speculate…the graphs aren’t scaled equally on x or y…
  13. G

^^ it’s an asphalt testing faculty in the county.
  14. G

MK7 Confessions

Same! 300hp isn’t even something I get to use on a regular basis. For day to day fun it’s right on the edge of too much power, so now I’m getting into suspension set ups
  15. G

Nice!! Where in the powerband does it feel any stronger? Or just all around?
  16. G

So I never really had the car under 3000 rpm before I did any pulls for two reasons…one is just a habit from driving a manual, the second is that it would make more sense just to downshift to second or whatever. I did pulls from 3000-7000 with no feeling of lag. It gets into boost threshold...
  17. G

it really feels just like my stage 1 in terms of power deliver where that mid-range surge is replaced by a linear pull. The speed and power is there 100% but the sensation, at least for a turbo car isn’t. It drives just like a 3.something V6 does but with a different soundtrack for the longest...
  18. G

Idk about all this speculation 😂😂 and witch hunting but I’ve got some real world impressions courtesy of @ChristopherNeil there’s no torque shove. Like none…zero. It just picks up and pull until 5k where it does a vtec impression up till seven grand. Idk it the DSG and the 6mt have the same...
  19. G

Not that I’ve noticed. I think they rely more on limiting torque/boost by gear. Especially with their revised tunes, the car opens more in 3rd than it does in second.
  20. G

Early Sunday morning…👀 I’ll pm you later on. I’m pretty curious. I’ve got the low torque tune; my suspicion is that they both deliver power the same exact way