GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Daily Driver

E85 SUCKS!

Very good information on E85 being used on a Daily engine and race engine. TLDR: E85 caused Black Sludge on daily driven car and on race engine E85 left weird slight sticky residue on pistons.
  2. Daily Driver

BAT Clean 1983 VW Rabbit GTI

Not my car but figured maybe someone on here might pick this clean classic up. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-volkswagen-golf-gti-8/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-bringatrailer&utm_content=later-35064337&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio Really clean car.
  3. Daily Driver

Shop did Boost leak test now I have Oil leak?

What's up guys. So I decided to take my car to a reputable Shop in my area that works on VW. I requested a Boost leak test. When asked if I had an issue, I said no my car runs 28psi to 7000rpms no issues. But I'm going to push in the 30s and wanted to make sure everything was good. So today I...
  4. Daily Driver

Mk7.5 GTI Traction Control Off Options

OBD11 has been updated and we no longer have the "Starting Vibration Reduction" option in the Brake menu to help with fully disengaging the Traction control. Has anyone figured what other options need to be coded out within the OBD11 after the update? Or maybe it's only mk7.5 cars that don't...
  5. Daily Driver

Looking for Boost Leak Tester?

What's up guys in looking to do a boost leak test on MK7.5 GTI. I'm trying to find a boost leak kit that has a tire inflator adapter. So far I've found this. https://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Boost-Leak-Testers-Universal/dp/B07WQJ7G2C Figured I can put this on to the TIP and use my Tire inflator...
  6. Daily Driver

United Motorsports Flex Fuel?

Anyone as of recent got UM tuned? I'm interested in flex fuel kit and tune. They are currently the only company offering Flex Fuel for 2019+ VW GTI models. I contact UM directly about getting this done I thought I could travel to UM shop but they don't do anything in house? Only authorized...
  7. Daily Driver

EQT DSG Custom Tune Questions

I have an EQT DSG staged tune I purchased over a year ago. I've always hated the shift from 3rd to 4th is pretty harsh. To the point I lowered my ECU tune so it wouldn't shift as hard on 3rd onto 4th. I went back into EQT website and realized they have a DSG staged Customization tune. Level...
  8. Daily Driver

EQT tuning is Trash!

As the Title states EQT is trash, this has been my experience on there custom tune. Mods: TPC38, HPA HPFP, CTS Intercooler, Trackslag Downpipe, R600 Intake, NGK RS7 1 step colder plugs. ECU tune: EQT custom TCU tune: EQT IS38 i purchased EQT ECU and TCU cause of all the positive reviews about...
  9. Daily Driver

Baun Performance Downpipe/Midpipe Res. For Sale, Local Long Island, NY

2500 miles tops on Exhaust. Fits into OEM exhaust only. Total cost New $1600 Asking $800 Locally not looking to ship Will need a 2 3/8 clamp to connect onto OEM. Or Ask Baun Performance about getting the correct clamp needed. https://m.facebook.com/gtijake/?_se_imp=0SSem5aCMHZvOTL5v I'm...
  10. Daily Driver

2020 GTI Oil change 5w40 VS 0w20?

I'm reaching 10k miles time for another Oil change, It currently run 5w40 liquid moly. But my 2020 calls for 0w20. I followed suit cause the older GTi were 5w40 and figured it's cause of emissions they run 0w20. But I just read this on Urotuning website. "There is a lot of discussion on...
  11. Daily Driver

Mk7.5 GTI Trackslag 4" Catted Downpipe

TL;DR: MK7.5 Trackslag Catted Downpipe with Baun Performance Midpipe Silencer. Super Quiet, No Drone, with Performance. I believe it's Quieter then stock! On IS38 Turbo. Working on Video Comparison coming soon. So I purchased a Trackslag Catted Downpipe Friday night, Father's Day weekend and...
  12. Daily Driver

TPC38 / EQT Starting Map.

Mods: TPC38 HPA HPFP CTS Intercooler Downpipe R600 Intake NGK RS7 1 step colder plugs TUNE: EQT Custom w/ DSG Finally got everything Installed in My MK7.5 GTI, flashed my Starting Map from EQT. Initial thoughts? It's underwhelming. Car feels slower and less responsive then the COBB Stage 2...
  13. Daily Driver

Knock Retard is this normal? -3.00, -3.38, -4.12

I just got my COBB AP and I Installed there Stage 2 tune 93oct, with DSG Aggressive which is suggested on COBB website for 93 pump gas. My Car is 2020 GTI SE PP DSG. Mods: CTS intercooler only. COBB Website for stage 2 suggested mods are intake, and intercooler, stock exhaust is fine. It's...
  14. Daily Driver

COBB Access port not Rebooting 1hr waiting.

Just got the Cobb Access port I decided to plug it in and so the updates. It's been waiting to reboot for an hour. Does the reboot process take this long? I tried calling but it's after working hrs. So I'm hoping someone on forum can give some advice if they had a similar issue. I have a Mac and...
  15. Daily Driver

MK7.5 HPA HPFP Reliable?

Is anyone Running HPA HPFP with no issues on a Tuned car? Stage 2 or Is38? I Purchased HPA pump, and the only 2 videos I seem to find online guys replaced them cause they were faulty. A few months ago a post of someone having it rebuild. I wanted the HPA HPFP over Autotech for ease of install...
  16. Daily Driver

EQT Vortex XL Spark Plugs.

Hello, guys. Im looking to finally make my EQT Vortex XL purchase and noticed EQT recommends 2 step colder plugs. The NGK plugs they recommend seem to be sold out and back ordered everywhere. I contacted them to see if I can run 1 step colder plugs since it's easier to find and more readily...
  17. Daily Driver

Do Apex Wheels go on sale? 🤔

Hey I recently seen the Apex Wheels group buy, I'm interested in purchasing. Current I was looking into EQT Vortex turbo with Cobb AP and custom tune. My build process is usually engine mods first, then suspension and last wheels. But I also don't want to pass on a deal I may not see again. My...
  18. Daily Driver

Are Catted Downpipes all the same?

Hello, guys I have a question I can't seem to find. Are Downpipes pretty much all the same? Meaning they all do the same thing so branding and paying more shouldn't really matter. Or are you really getting your $$$ worth. Not just in Quality but in performance. I'm currently looking into Catted...
  19. Daily Driver

What is this Hose line under car?

What's up Mk7 forum. This is my first post, I purchased my MK7.5 GTI a few months ago. Coming from my tried and true MK5 GTI which lasted me 12 good years. But anyway, I noticed this hose on the rear of my MK7.5 on both sides and they stick out lower then car body. Is this normal? I don't...