GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Golf R on track - after 20 lap days

Yup, it makes for OEM calibration if you ask me. That shows how much VAG is leaving on the table on this platform, presumably not to cannibalize too much into Audi territory. Get a Stratified tune if you go Cobb! it will make the Cobb default tune feel like complete garbage compared to what...
  2. S

Just watched it, very cool! The R really does punch above its weight class for sure. For me, the real competitors in my group were a Mustang GT Perf Pack2 and a Camaro SS 1LE. Those things are absolute beasts. The Camaro was walking away every time, but I could hang with the Mustang. Good...
  3. S

I forgot to mention! with OBDEleven, I switched the Haldex module to aggressive AND I disabled XDS (the torque vectoring system by brake). Coming from RWD cars or AWD with rear bias, the adjustment is really not that bad. You won't power oversteer that's for sure, but you can absolutely rotate...
  4. S

in OEM form, yes, 100%. On my first day with the R, I got black flagged because I was "smoking heavily" from the front right caliper... lol! I had to take it easier for the next couple of sessions. Brake lines: No, I don't think it's necessary. I honestly don't think they matter SS lines. When...
  5. S

Hi everyone, Long-time lurker here, so I thought I'd finally share a bit of my experience of the golf R on track. I hope it can inspire some people, as many other posts did for me. A little bit of background: I previously drove on track an S4, Miata (nb), and a 911 4S. The 911 was my dream...