GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tyler230

AMS Intercooler Question

These Unitronic intercoolers are usually decently priced.
  2. Tyler230

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Right - looking back, burst pressure for SAE J30R7 is 250psi, but I am not up for durability testing that.
  3. Tyler230

I used 15.3mm stainless steel single ear oetiker clamps and a ratcheting clamp tool. They seem pretty stout. The fuel line is 14mm OD. These clamps are 15.3mm open and 12.8mm closed. The clamp tool is also used to cut the clamps off. 15.3mm single ear clamps Ratcheting pex clamp tool
  4. Tyler230

I added an ethanol sensor and replaced the whole low pressure side of the fuel line that runs across the top of the intake manifold to keep the factory one intact. But not thinking much of it I just grabbed some $3/ft fuel line from Autozone (ArmorMark SAE J30R7) and apparently it was only rated...
  5. Tyler230

Does this fuel line look funny? It was a lot smoother looking when I installed it a few days ago. edit: I’m an idiot. Off to Oreillys for some Barricade SAE J30R14 type 2
  6. Tyler230

What did you do to your mk7 today?

What was so bad about the upgraded HPFP and E85?
  7. Tyler230

What should I do instead?
  8. Tyler230

No I’d grab a pre-assembled Autotech HPFP
  9. Tyler230

I may just try a straight E85 tune first I think. If it’s too inconvenient range-wise I will just wire it back over to the ECU for when the EQT flex files drop. I definitely dropped the 15A fuel pump fuse in the engine bay somewhere between the battery and the ECU. Have to wait until the wife...
  10. Tyler230

Finally got the ethanol sensor installed that I bought like 6 months ago. That fuel line on the left was a real pain. Struggled for 20 min before I hit it with a hair dryer and it slid right off. Now to get it wired up to the P3 gauge.
  11. Tyler230

Spring clean up with Sonax Perfect finish and Meguiar’s M27 sealant
  12. Tyler230

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

After years of window shopping I finally pulled the trigger on this. On clearance at FCP Euro for $235 shipped.
  13. Tyler230

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Sounds an awful lot like “soon”.
  14. Tyler230

Cobb Flex Fuel Coming Soon!

I’ll be really happy if they can follow through, but man it’s hard to get excited about it when you’re anticipating another let down.
  15. Tyler230

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

I was just asking Cobb chat about that downpipe. It's out of stock now, but he said it's a 400 cell cat.
  16. Tyler230

Warranty is up!

Do you have ethanol nearby? Just moving away from the JB4 to an EQT stage 2 E30 tune seems like a nice, but modest improvement. Or something like this perhaps if you're willing to do a turbo upgrade.
  17. Tyler230

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

For the EQT standard brushless LPFP - the website says ECU tuning required. Does it require custom tune? Or will it work on a staged tune?
  18. Tyler230

You’re right. Stupid question